Does adding glitter to l & p weaken the enhancement

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delisnails

Reaction score
Just a quicky, but I was wondering if adding glitter to your powder would weaken the enhancement, does anyone know

It may weaken them very very slightly but as long as you build your apex in the correct place and encase with clear then there should not be a noticeable problem.

Loads of people use glitters and other additives, if there was a major diffference then it wouldn't be so popular LOL.

I use glitter quite alot on myself and never have a strength problem with the l&p.

thanks, I have not had a problem I was just thinking aloud really and wondered if it did, got a client coming on wednesday who wants something funky for her hols and she always raves how strong her nails are when I do them as she normally loses them as she is heavy handed, did not want to put some glitter in if it meant she lost the strenght.

thanks

Hi

I have recenty tried this for the first time. I bought some tiny little glitter pots from Avon and mixed it with my acrylic.

I DID notice a weakness in strength! Maybe I didnt get the mix quite right but I could definitely feel a difference, wont be using it again! will buy some other kind of glitters and have another go!!

Just thought id share xx

Ive not had a problem while using glitters, i buy mine from haberdasherys & craft shops...i make sure i get the finest glitter there is and use 1 part glitter to 2/3 parts l&p.
I make sure the glitter on the tip is just the right thickness so i can get a good covering of clear over the whole nail without it been too thick. hth :green:

I use the little pots of glitter from Sally's and have to say have never noticed a loss in strength.

Tracie1 said:
Hi

I have recenty tried this for the first time. I bought some tiny little glitter pots from Avon and mixed it with my acrylic.

I DID notice a weakness in strength! Maybe I didnt get the mix quite right but I could definitely feel a difference, wont be using it again! will buy some other kind of glitters and have another go!!

Just thought id share xx
I dont think the glitter is the problem (no offence, BTW!), it's more likely to be either your apex placement, or not capping the glitter mix with enough clear or too much glitter and not enough powder...
use your glitter up before you get any more though!
just my humble yet slightly outspoken opinion! lol :lol:

Delisnails , interesting question, what is the strength of glitter ? Can any pro's answer this ? While on the subject is white powder weaker than pink, it takes allot more white coloring agent (titanium bollocks) than anything other coloring agent to achieve the color, so does it weaken the acrylic?

Latest posts

Back