Does any other company make anything similar to Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karen@latb

Reaction score
I believe there's also Alessandro Striplac, but are any other companies thinking of follow in the same footsteps?

I believe there's also Alessandro Striplac, but are any other companies thinking of follow in the same footsteps?

I use seche vite base and top coat with normal varnish and I get 5 to 7 days out of it as long as using gloves etc. So I guess that gives vinylux a run for its money! X

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek mobile app

That sounds good. What are the colours like? How quickly would you say it's dry by?

I guess it depends on which aspects of Vinylux you mean. I love the fact that it is completely dry in 8.5 minutes, not sure if any other brand has that?

Why not just try VINYLUX ? There is nothing else like it so why resist it? :green:

Great coverage .. No need for a base coat ... Completely dry in 8.5 minutes ... You do need to be able to polish quickly and accurately like any seasoned professional. If you are too slow, you will not do a good job with a super fast drying polish.

Why not just try VINYLUX ? There is nothing else like it so why resist it? :green:

Have to wholly agree and at SUCH a competitive price it really can't be beaten.

Hi Geeg so lovely to say hello been such a long time. I'm still going from strength to strength with CND. Hope you are well xxxxxxxxxxx

I agree why not just use Vinylux? We never retailed much polish till we got the whole vinylyx range in after the Event now we sell lots. All of our clients love it's longevity, great choice of colour and super fast try time of 8.5mins (and that's properly dry not just touch dry )

But Ive heard that Vinalux stains the nail plate !

Well maybe someone is trying to put you off or perhaps they didn't remove it correctly? It doesn't stain my clients' nail plates nor my nail plates! Use the right remover and a professional removal technique and VINYLUX and you should not be experiencing anything negative.

I haven't encountered this even when having the dark colour Masquerade on my toenails for 6 weeks. You do need to saturate your wipe and hold it on the nail a bit longer to let it do its work, but then it all removes nicely.

To me the biggest selling point is the fact it is completely dry in 8.5 minutes and I know of no other polish on the market that gives you that.

The only time I've had staining and it was very little on toes, was when the clients nails were so dehydrated from being on holiday, not using any cream or oil (even though I told her too) and being taken off after 8 weeks! When she came the next time I put a coat of very light pink under and this solved the issue straight away.

I've never had so many sales of polish, clients love the fact they can paint their own nails and be out the door in 10mins. I virtually stopped doing "proper" mani/pedi's, only doing Shellac but since I had Vinylux I've loads of new happy clients.

Just get a couple of bottles, its so reasonably priced and see for yourself.

Karaxxx

My problem is, I already do Orly and then Gelfx (to compliment each other) and IBD Just Gel and their polish (to compliment each other) I'm just wondering if adding Vinylux as well becomes too many polishes. Although I really do love the idea of the quick drying.
I could change the whole range that I've got, but then I love the curing time of 30 seconds, opposed to 2 mins with Shellac. I think the shellac and vinylux really work and look good together as a package, but it's a big out lay when I've got Orly and IBD in stock.

My problem is, I already do Orly and then Gelfx (to compliment each other) and IBD Just Gel and their polish (to compliment each other) I'm just wondering if adding Vinylux as well becomes too many polishes. Although I really do love the idea of the quick drying.
I could change the whole range that I've got, but then I love the curing time of 30 seconds, opposed to 2 mins with Shellac. I think the shellac and vinylux really work and look good together as a package, but it's a big out lay when I've got Orly and IBD in stock.
Well that is something you will have to work out for yourself.
30 seconds curing time is not an advantage when it takes you 2 minutes to paint! Weigh it up. I'd ditch it all and just do Shellac and VINYLUX but then that is what I do! Lol. It has not held me or my profits back, that is for sure. Think it through.

I have almost doubled my takings since introducing Vinylux. All my regular Shellac clients still have Shellac, however almost every one of them now go for Vinylux on their toes to match their Shellac fingers. Vinylux has also brought me a whole new clientele as I live 2 mins away from a big hospital and I'm now getting a load of nurses and other hospital staff coming in for Vinylux as they can have it on for days off but remove it efficiently themselves at home with the V move tubes that they buy from me too. Would not be without Shellac or Vinylux, and believe me, I've tried loads of other products but never been as satisfied as I am with CND.

I use seche vite base and top coat with normal varnish and I get 5 to 7 days out of it as long as using gloves etc. So I guess that gives vinylux a run for its money! X

Sent from my HTC Desire C using SalonGeek mobile app

I second that, 3 mins touch dry, 5 mins completely dry, high score 2 weeks used on MaxFactor polish, 1 week on SpaRitual but I'm planning to switch to Vinylux as it's a good retail item and nice profit :-D (and I bet Seche Vite will work on it as well so I'll keep using it in a salon ha ha)

Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've used Seche Vite for years and it is nothing like VINYLUX and does not dry as quickly as you say it does ... No way. In fact Famous Names top and bottom coat (formerly known as LUMOS). dries faster by far than seche Vite with any normal polish. A tried, tested and true statement :)

VINYLUX will be your most profitable service as the whole service is so quick because of no base coat ... and the retail business from for your business is a welcome change from the past. I love things that boost the bottom line!

Sorry to out your 'drying time' statement re 'Seche Vite', but it just is not true. If people are asking for true facts order to invest their money on a new product, then let's keep the statements true; that would be fair.

Sorry to out your 'drying time' statement re 'Seche Vite', but it just is not true. If people are asking for true facts order to invest their money on a new product, then let's keep the statements true; that would be fair.
Sorry to disagree, dear Geeg, but if you use it properly it is actually true - providing you don't apply polish to thick, otherwise it obviously takes longer. I finish painting, re-book the client and they're good to go and pay, it can't be more then 3-4 mins. By the time they get to the car it is completely dry. I wait a bit longer with pedis though...
No doubt Vinylux is very good and quick too, I don't deny it and that's why I've chosen it for retail in my shop. I perfectly understand that it's part of your job to promote it, at the end of the day it's a CND's forum, isn't it? :)

Sorry to disagree, dear Geeg, but if you use it properly it is actually true - providing you don't apply polish to thick, otherwise it obviously takes longer. I finish painting, re-book the client and they're good to go and pay, it can't be more then 3-4 mins. By the time they get to the car it is completely dry. I wait a bit longer with pedis though...
No doubt Vinylux is very good and quick too, I don't deny it and that's why I've chosen it for retail in my shop. I perfectly understand that it's part of your job to promote it, at the end of the day it's a CND's forum, isn't it? :)

Firstly it is not part of my 'job' to promote anything and secondly, this is not a CND forum and thirdly I do not lie ever about products or issue statements that would make me look a fool on the www.

If you have to wait longer for your pedicures to dry using Seche Vite, dear Annabel, :hug: then that is because the polish is not completely dry in 5 minutes as you stated it was in your post!! I used SV for years in my salons and liked it or I wouldn't have used it, but it was not fully dry ever in 5 minutes and I am an expert polisher and do not overload the nails with thick coats of polish :green: Famous Names dries more quickly than SV also as I have tested it along side of SV.

With VINYLUX, a client can put their shoes on and walk out the door ... True ... In 8.5 minutes. Nothing compares to it and this is after unbiased tested results.

I've no problem with technicians using anything they like ... I only have a teensy problem when people make claims if the truth has been, shall we say, stretched a bit too far.

Firstly it is not part of my 'job' to promote anything and secondly, this is not a CND forum and thirdly I do not lie ever about products or issue statements that would make me look a fool on the www.

If you have to wait longer for your pedicures to dry using Seche Vite, dear Annabel, :hug: then that is because the polish is not completely dry in 5 minutes as you stated it was in your post!! I used SV for years in my salons and liked it or I wouldn't have used it, but it was not fully dry ever in 5 minutes and I am an expert polisher and do not overload the nails with thick coats of polish :green: Famous Names dries more quickly than SV also as I have tested it along side of SV.

With VINYLUX, a client can put their shoes on and walk out the door ... True ... In 8.5 minutes. Nothing compares to it and this is after unbiased tested results.

I've no problem with technicians using anything they like ... I only have a teensy problem when people make claims if the truth has been, shall we say, stretched a bit too far.

I knew you wouldn't leave it :)
I haven't checked the timing of other products yet but as soon as I have it I will with the stopwatch :D
I don't get denying that it's a CND promoting forum though - it is quite obvious (we're not that thick) and there's nothing wrong with that. Nobody questions the quality of CND products but nowadays marketing is a must even for the best product in the world, also it helps to make new geeks aware of stuff like Blue Sky etc. Do you really think that it's only me who realises it's a multi million dollars industry and certain things are part of the game like in any other business? Maybe I spent too long in sales, I don't know... Anyway - yes, I believe that Vinylux dries in 8,5 mins :)

I am a customer of vinylux and I cannot praise this product enough. I don't get chance to get my nails done these days so it's perfect for me, have no issues applying or removing or staining and I am a non pro (will be training at some point in near future). I have converted a few people to this amazing product including my mother in law who's 65 and again paints it fine herself.
I honestly don't know how I lived before this product. Dry time is amazing!!! After 8.5 mins I can be changing my son's nappy with no smudges!
Thank you cnd x

Latest posts

Back