Does any other company make anything similar to Vinylux?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew you wouldn't leave it :)
I haven't checked the timing of other products yet but as soon as I have it I will with the stopwatch :D
I don't get denying that it's a CND promoting forum though - it is quite obvious (we're not that thick) and there's nothing wrong with that. Nobody questions the quality of CND products but nowadays marketing is a must even for the best product in the world, also it helps to make new geeks aware of stuff like Blue Sky etc. Do you really think that it's only me who realises it's a multi million dollars industry and certain things are part of the game like in any other business? Maybe I spent too long in sales, I don't know... Anyway - yes, I believe that Vinylux dries in 8,5 mins :)
Sent from my GT-S7500 using SalonGeek mobile app

I think geeg's point about it not being a CND forum is because it was set up a long time ago by Samuel Sweet. Yes, the Sweets are distributors of CND but they are not the company CND.

Do you have to be Cnd trained to purchase vinylux ?

I think geeg's point about it not being a CND forum is because it was set up a long time ago by Samuel Sweet. Yes, the Sweets are distributors of CND but they are not the company CND.

I know, I know. I also know that geeg swears by CND products and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, too. The question was if is there anything SIMILAR to Vinylux though and SV was my answer in terms of drying time, that's all :)

I believe there's also Alessandro Striplac, but are any other companies thinking of follow in the same footsteps?

All that jazz!
fab colours, fast dry time.
My clients love it! Definitely worth looking into x

I know, I know. I also know that geeg swears by CND products and I don't think there's anything wrong with that, too. The question was if is there anything SIMILAR to Vinylux though and SV was my answer in terms of drying time, that's all :)

A lot of us swear by CND, simply put because it is frickin awesome to work with, no matter which one of their products you use, you cannot go wrong :D
In my honest opinion, as a user and salon owner, there is nothing on the market similar to Vinylux. Any other nail polish is a complete waste of time, and time is money at least in my business.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

I guess it depends on which aspects of Vinylux you mean. I love the fact that it is completely dry in 8.5 minutes, not sure if any other brand has that?

I think this point is really on the button. Ask yourself what it is that you really want from a polish.

Is it the dry time, colour choice, to compliment your existing products, retail opportunity, the 7 day wear or all of the above and more.

I stock a handful of Vinylux for salon use (I don't retail). I also stock Shellac. I swear by Vinylux for a polish french and will never use anything else. The dry time is what does it for me and the coverage and application of the french white and also pink.

I will admit during winter Vinylux pedis have been a marvel! But I prefer the colour choice of a different brand, so I recently bought in a new range of ordinary polish. To be honest I don't do many polish manis these days but I wanted a nice selection to compliment my existing Vinylux and CND colour and effects polish. I also mix with Megamix to turn all these polishes in to a gel polish so I'm still using stock and nothing is collecting dust :)

Anyway after that waffle, to go back to the quoted post and what I was saying at the beginning, you need to really sit down and decide why you want to bring in Vinylux. If I've learned nothing else this year, it's that what I buy has to work for my business and clients- I dont buy just because want it... god knows id be bankrupt by now if I did ;) Think about the products you currently have and ask yourself will Vinylux fit in with that and is Vinylux what your clients are crying out for? Is the introduction of Vinylux great enough for you to switch all your products in their entirety (as you've previously posted) or can it slot in nicely?

Hth xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I've only just started to post on here. For a number of months I've only read other peoples posts. Although I've been in the business for 26 years, it's really good to be in touch with other like minded people. It's also so good because although I always go to at least at couple of shows each year, I never speak to other therapists (being self employed) Thank you all, for your views. I have now made a bargain bin with Orly polishes that aren't really moving. With the money I make with these sales, I will buy a few Vinylux, to test the waters. I've just registered with Sweet Square.

Latest posts

Back