Does anybody know about lash lift patch tests?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modify Me

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can buy pack of patch tests for a lash lift and tint to send to clients prior to an appointment. I find the hardest thing is getting them the client to come for the patch test initially. Any help much appreciated
Thanks Kezza

Nouveau LVL is available in post friendly, prepacked patch test packs but I guess it depends what products/brands you use.

Theres no point testing with one brand if you use another, you have to test with the products you use xx

Interesting info thank you for the reply

Does anybody know if you can buy pack of patch tests for a lash lift and tint to send to clients prior to an appointment. I find the hardest thing is getting them the client to come for the patch test initially. Any help much appreciated
Thanks Kezza

Don't risk it. If they can't be bothered to come to you for a patch test, you certainly can't trust them to do it themselves.

Mine actually pay for their patch test. £5. They aren't allowed to book their lift until they are here at their test. If they don't come in, fill out consult form and have it in person then they aren't having treatment. I deduct the amount from the price of their actual treatment so it's not an additional cost but it deters any time wasters.

Plus, factor the cost of each of your products and remember that a patch test is basically the cost of you opening a new sachet of each. It's a full cost of treatment. You need to tie them in so they don't waste your money. Brows isn't that bad, so cheap it's mostly time wasted but lash lift patch test basically costs you a full treatment in sachet openings if you don't have any more to do around the same time.

Don't feel bad about them not wanting it, they are the exact people you don't want to treat anyway. Took a bad experience for many of us to learn it, but it is protecting you.

:)

That’s really useful thanks id have never thought about charging them and then deducting it from cost so makes perfect sense.

Another thing to check is what your insurance says.....If they state you have to patch test they might insist on you patch testing and if you send products out it might void your cover so its worth checking to make sure you comply!

Thanks Kezza
Yes LVL is ideal for patch testing you can try to book in a good few tests in one day if you are doing the testing with clients coming in or if posting out then obvs you are using one pack per customer

My insurance covers me to post out patch tests but the client has to bring back the containers and applicators at their appointment.

They have to sign their consultation form and confirm date of the patch test and that there was no reaction anyway.

My insurance covers me to post out patch tests but the client has to bring back the containers and applicators at their appointment.

They have to sign their consultation form and confirm date of the patch test and that there was no reaction anyway.
Hi, who are you insured with? I use Holistic.

Latest posts

Back