Does anybody know what this is on my legs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ally___pally

Reaction score
hi all, just popping over from hair geek.

I've had this on my legs forever and no idea what this is. just thought I'd ask you lot for help as you are very wise .

would also love to know how too get rid of it.

thanks in advance

x

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335109705.568278.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1335109705.568278.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 431
Hi do you get any itching, has it gotten worse/better and what method or hair removal do u currently use

Steph

I have this on back of arms and ankles and abit on my knees. No amount of exfoliation or moisturiser makes a difference, had it for for as long as i can remember! Would be interested if someone could shine some light too!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using SalonGeek

Looks to me like shaving rash maybe xx

Could be keratosis pilaris? Have a Google and see what you think. It's very common.

Looks like Foliculitis. If it is, its possibly caused by shaving, bacteria or irritation of some sort.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

SqueakyDee

Xx

I also have this , agree with rhona , looks like keratosis pilaris , I use exfoliating gloves and moisturise well , over doing either of these can make it worse .

Sorry I ment to say agree with u!!

Doing far too much at once sorry x

Keratosis Pilaris, almost 100%.

Google dermadoctor, they make a range called KP Duty which is specifically for this condition, hands down the best products I have ever used for this condition.

thanks for all your replies.

i do shave my legs , but (i know this is awful) but hardly ever, and its always there. ill give the suggestions a google search . thanks alot

x x

This is usually found where you have a combination of dry skin, and are wearing tight clothing which irritates the follicles.
Exfoliate, lots of moisturiser, and avoid tights and especially jeans where possible.
Jeans are lethal on knees!

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

It is keratosis pilaris, if there is no pustule with follicles (if pustules then it could be folliculitis) if KP, moisturisers emollient are useful no specific treatment available, however if there are pustule i would suggest see your GP. BTW does you hair grow straight or they are curly as this may be one reason of this condition.

Looks like Foliculitis. If it is, its possibly caused by shaving, bacteria or irritation of some sort.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using SalonGeek

Agreed x

Latest posts

Back