Does anybody own a BMW?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmJ

Reaction score
ive got a bmw 120d and looking for some fellow beemer owners to ask a question... when i turn my engine on it comes up on the screen how many miles left til the next service... its said 7000 since i got it and ive done about 2000 in it. anybody else experienced this or know if it should change?!

Hi, yep it should count down, mine comes on for around 5 seconds when I first switch engine on , there is a forum called bimmerfest might be worth trawling that or having diagnostics plugged in x

My dad works for BMW x
, yes it should count down but when you've done around 10,000 or a year
It should come up 'service' anyway x
I wouldn't worry about it to much as long as you do get a service when your supposed too x

Or get it checked out , but if u go to BMW its gunna be a nice price x
Even a normal garage charge around £45 for use of the diagnostic machine x

Thank you, I do like taking it to bmw even though I know you pay over the odds! It's got a full service history with them. I might take it on and ask them to read my key to get a better idea of the info, I had it read when I first got it and I think it said 6788 left or something along those lines! Maybe the countdown is just not working on the screen!!thanks geeks!! Xx

ive got a bmw 120d and looking for some fellow beemer owners to ask a question... when i turn my engine on it comes up on the screen how many miles left til the next service... its said 7000 since i got it and ive done about 2000 in it. anybody else experienced this or know if it should change?!

My boyfriend builds the engines at BMW an he said he hadn't heard of it before ... I think yourll be best of taking it to a garage or bmw themselves xx

Ours counts down. It had just had a service when we got it a yr ago so about due for one soon!!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

Could someone have played with it? I've heard of people fiddling around with wires etc to stop the service light popping up. I knew someone once whose mile counter conveniently stopped just after MOT :rolleyes:

Did you buy it from a dealer?
Not sure why anyone would do this if it has full service history though, so it could just be a fault

I took my last car into a 'well known dealership' for repairs under warranty and it had 11k miles left til service. When I picked it up an hour later of said "service due" - I was livid as I was about to sell it! They obviously can play around with these things.

I bought it from a reputable dealer and I do have a warranty on it but not sure if this would come under warranty? Think I will phone bmw and see what they advise, they can't charge me for a phonecall lol!! It is due for a service now anyway according to the service history so I will ask them :)

Latest posts

Back