Does anybody use eye shadow for nail art?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jo's Nails

Reaction score
Hi Guy's,
Does any body use eye shadow for nail art?. I have been watching robin mosses tutorials and she uses loose shimmery eye shadow.xx

I do! My sister bought a bunch of mica powder from coastal scents and didn't know what to do with some of her unwanted colors. So I mixed some of them with acrylic powder. :)

What kind of ratio would you suggest Lee please? Quite fancy giving this a go myself got some gorgeous charcoal grey eyeshadow pigment that I don't use :D xxx

I do! My sister bought a bunch of mica powder from coastal scents and didn't know what to do with some of her unwanted colors. So I mixed some of them with acrylic powder. :)

Love, love, LOVE coastal scents!!

CND will soon have a whole range of pigments specially for adding to gels etc. There is a thread on the 1st page right now with a video all about it. it is entitles Shellac .. additives or something like that.

Is it mineral eye shadow ?

I have a set of mineral eye shadow from a company named "Micabella"... I was wondering if they'd work with Shellac instead of fine glitter.

I love the fact that practically anything can be imbedded within gels :)

I also like the idea of using eye shadow although it mighten look so good in front of a prospective customers if I did, so I can see why geeg has said new pigments are on the way :)

I love the fact that practically anything can be imbedded within gels :)

I also like the idea of using eye shadow although it mighten look so good in front of a prospective customers if I did, so I can see why geeg has said new pigments are on the way :)

Like anything else, not all pigment is the same. You want the richest and the best pigments that work? .. CND will provide them for you? They will be approved for use with nail products will be EC approved and will work.

What kind of ratio would you suggest Lee please? Quite fancy giving this a go myself got some gorgeous charcoal grey eyeshadow pigment that I don't use :D xxx

Because the mica powders I have are come out pretty strong, (Using my cuticle pusher as a scoop measure) I mix 1-2 scoops of mica powder with 3 scoops clear acrylic and give it a good stir. I mix small batches because I just use it for 3d nail art or colored french tips. With eyeshadow, because there's other additives, you'll have to test it out to make sure the color doesn't change. I remember mixing an unwanted blue eyeshadow with clear polish a long time ago, and the blue deep hue changed a bit when mixed with the polish.

I've used blue brown MAC pigment successfully before as a client wanted that exact colour for her races nails. Did it as a fine fade and it looked gorgeous. I winged it as far as ratio, and I've only done it the once, I think I could Have done with more pigment to powder. Hth x

Thanks guys that's great. My sister suggested eye shadow a few months ago and I scoffed at the idea, she must know more that me lol. I have some collection 2000 loose powders I am going to have a play with if I like it I will order something more professional.xx

Thanks guys that's great. My sister suggested eye shadow a few months ago and I scoffed at the idea, she must know more that me lol. I have some collection 2000 loose powders I am going to have a play with if I like it I will order something more professional.xx

I definitely recommend coastal scents! :D

I definitely recommend coastal scents! :D

Can you get the Coastal Scents Mica Powders in the UK? if so, I don't suppose you could give me a link? x

It's ok I've found the official UK retailer :)

They don't seem to stock the Mica Powders though :cry:

I love mixing and experimenting!:p

I've mixed different colors of eye shadow (both loose powders and baked) to both my Gelish hard gels and soak off colors. I haven't used it on clients but If someone requests a special color for example I would defo do it:) I've even mixed a little pink blush color into my builder gel to make it even pinker, and mixed the same blush with a mix of clear and white builder and some shimmer to make my own cover gel:)

I had a friend ask me yesterday if i had a black colored gelish. I don't but right after went away and experimented with black eyeshadow and Topitoff. It looked great and im thinking about offering to do it on her to see how it goes:)

Also try the small pots of craft glitter and powder x

They don't seem to stock the Mica Powders though :cry:

I just buy in bulk from coastalscents.com cuz it's free shipping for orders over $50. They do ship to the UK. I use their powders for more than just nail art so it's beneficial for me to buy in bulk. :lol:

Latest posts

Back