Does anyone do hair for hotel guests and how does it work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
Hello geeks,

i am in the process of building up my self employed side of my work life, i thought about doing guests that stay in hotels, thought it would be a good idea for ppl who are wedding guests or just come to my city for a weekend break or something and fancy a quick blowdry, hair up-whatever the case maybe.

I've gone to hotels in the past to do wedding hair mainly and these people have googled me and that's how it's happened. But what if i aproached hotels and worked out some kind of deal with the hotel for them to offer another service to their guests and for them to use me.

The idea seems ok but now here come the flaws…What can i give the hotel to make this deal stick eg they get 20% of what work they get me??
I would have to use the guests room so i wouldnt be using a space in the hotel so not going to want to give a lot to the hotel as they wont be selling me as such, just if anyone asks they give my name and number….
This could be a last minute game, what if i have bookings already with my home hair and a hotel guest calls up wanting their hair done there and then??
Would you leave certain slots for these ppl IF they call up?? for example every friday 4-7 every saturday 8-11 then 4-6??? just throwing this out there lol

Does anyone do this? It seems like it could be a good idea but then as said above how on earth would you work it???

thanks for any advice geeks.

Need to seriously get some ideas and build up some kind of 'regular' income in the next month or 2, i hate my salon job and i given myself a deadline of september buts looking like i'm going to have t extend it!! :(

ps i have looked at the business thread by lyn is it? Fantastic stuff still getting through all the posts tho! lol xxx

Okay I'm staying in a hotel near me in September. I want my hair done. The hotel don't necessarily need to know anything about it. Advertise and go into people's rooms and do their hair. It would suit me if you're anywhere near Market Harborough on 6 September!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am salon based but I simply emailed all my local hotels asking if they would stock some of leaflets/business cards and promote me when asked if they knew of any local hairdressers ... in exchange for me asking my bridal clients / clients planning birthdays if they had checked out xxx hotel yet as a possible venue!?

That way we are both feeding each other business and supporting each other with no cost.

I don't leave specific appointments open to cater for them - but if somebody from the hotel is desperate I will stay open late to accommodate them.

I've done it before. I knew the manager of the hotel personally and she put some leaflets round. As I was/am self employed I never paid the hotel anything I just had phone calls from people staying there and I would go to the lodges and do their hair like a normal mobile hairdresser. It was good for the hotel as it kept the guests there, for example if they had gone down town to have their hair done they may have stayed there and had lunch etc, but if they stayed on site (hotel was about 4 miles out of town) then they didn't actually have to leave the hotel and could stay all day and use the facilities like the spa and resteraunt they had on sight. X

Latest posts

Back