Does anyone do office massages?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzwee

Ice Hockey Geek
Reaction score
hello, i was thinking about buying one of those portable massage chairs and gonig round to offices and offering massages to people on their lunch breaks... obviously i need to look into it more but i just wondered does anyone else do this or tried it? and has anyone used a chair like this... its on the dreaded ebay! but its a good price really
e1_1.JPG

Hi Linzie,

I have a similar chair from Oakworks and do a few offices, corporate events and shows during the year - I used to do quite a lot, but spend more of my time in the salon these days. You can easily offer Indian head massage or adapt a back and shoulder massage for the chair, but if this is something you're really keen on I would recommend an On-Site Massage course, as you'll learn some amazing, unique techniques.

I now have the chair up at the salon on quiet days - it's a great crowd puller as the massage is very "visual" (if that makes sense). Also very affordable and accessible for clients who only want a quick 5 or 10 minute de-stress and don't want to take their tops off or get oily. Great at this time of year for Christmas shoppers!

Andy x

I go out to an old age home to do indian head massage and back massages, you can do either of these without this chair, think it is an eye stopper and "visually" appealing however its an expesive item for something you can make do without... (infact looking at that picture the ladies back seems to very low and the angle of the seat only allows for a back massage you cannot do indian head massage with this chair, unless she is tilted at a 90degree angle)

Before you look at that pic properly it looks quite scarey!

Before you look at that pic properly it looks quite scarey!

lol i was thinking of starting a torture session for peeps... what do u think?

thanks guys... dunno if i can afford one yet ( well i know i can't) but i think i will defo get one xxx

sorry i gave a little giggle whan i saw that pic ..it looked really daft !
but now ive had a good look ,i can see how good it seems ..
i just have this image in my head and the girl in the pic is going ..." hehehe yoouuu caannttt seeee meee ,im hiiddiiinnngggggg " :green: (like little toddlers do when playing hide and seek lol)

I haven't done office massages or anything like that but those chairs are soooooooooo comfy. The college i went to taught indian head massage on those and i prefer having the treatment on that than a normal chair. :)

sorry i gave a little giggle whan i saw that pic ..it looked really daft !
but now ive had a good look ,i can see how good it seems ..
i just have this image in my head and the girl in the pic is going ..." hehehe yoouuu caannttt seeee meee ,im hiiddiiinnngggggg " :green: (like little toddlers do when playing hide and seek lol)

ha ha that made me giggle... mum thinks i#m going crazy

Latest posts

Back