Does anyone else feel too sick to eat breakfast?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kle

Reaction score
Before anyone one asks im most definitely not pregnant but I'm really struggling to eat breakfast I feel so sick in the mornings I force myself to eat as I think it will make me feel better but if anything I feel worse!anyone else suffer with this?and what do you do?

What time of the morning are you trying to eat? Sometimes it can be down to timing. If too early I used to feel sick when used have to start work at 6am, 5am was too early to eat for me.

I have to have been awake for at least 2 hours before I can eat. This usually means that on some days if I'm working early I won't eat anything until lunchtime, which is sometimes as late as 3pm.

If I even try to eat anything I feel horrendous! I would rather just not bother!!

I get up with my little boy around 6am and try to have lemon and hot water but still struggle even by 8am I still don't fancy anything. I'm glad I'm not the only 1. I'm trying to eat healthy and I know breakfast is the most important meal of the day,plus if i don't force it i get dizzy later on

i hate breakfast in the traditional sense anyway, you couldnt get me to eat weetabix if you paid me!! I prefer just a cup of sweet tea and maybe a few biscuits just to say ive had something although i can be known to eat things such as trifle for brekkie!!

I have always struggled to eat breakfast and never really have until I started on medication and had to have something to line my stomach. I have my morning coffee (i no, i no) and 3 rich tea biscuits to dunk. If im really lucky I have a banana but normally the thought makes me sick. Have you tried those breakfast biscuits?

I used to have breakfast as soon as I was up. Habit from being a child, going to school then when I started work i carried it on, then I changed jobs and started at 7, eating at 5am was not happening I could even have a cuppa at that time, I used to have a morning break about 9 get a hot choc as I didnt like the tea in the canteen and I hate coffee, and mostly it would be a bowl of tinned peaches for breakie or jam on toast. And after 6 n half years doing that now I'm back to working later times again but I can't have breakfast unless its Sunday!

Cup of tea at best and then lunch.

If your eating healthy, you need to eat about 7 times a day, light and often, what time are you eating at night? Is it stodgy food or light? Your body starts slowing down after about 8 pm and you don't need carbs as your not going to be doing much needed to use the energy up.

Maybe a banana with you for when the sickness subsides, and eat slowly. Don't force yourself it will become a task for you body rather than an enjoyable thing. So you won't want to do it! If you eat half and don't want anymore, stop. You have to slowly train yourself into it xx

I don't have breakfast I can't eat at 6am, normally a cup of tea and off to work. My mum said I have never really eaten breakfast and she would have to force feed me before school lol. I know they say its the most important meal of the day and I have tried but just can't do it x

I can't eat breakfast either. Even if I am up really early I can't eat before 10, usually it's late morning when I first eat.

And yes the thought of food earlier does make me feel sick.

Comes in handy when doing the 5:2 though!

Ive been like this for the past 8 years and pretty much thought I was the only one. The last thing on my mind when I wake up is food and I feel so sick if I make myself have something. Its usually 2-3 hours before I eat anything and ive gone past 5+ hours on some occasions. Can I ask if any of you smoke? One of my clients is a personal trainer/nutritionist and I speak to her about it and she said if you have a ciggy as soon as you get up it will take longer to get hungry/want to eat although ive been like this way before I smoked xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

Can I ask if any of you smoke? One of my clients is a personal trainer/nutritionist and I speak to her about it and she said if you have a ciggy as soon as you get up it will take longer to get hungry/want to eat although ive been like this way before I smoked

No ive never smoked, and I do remember going to school feeling really ill due to forcing cereal down, even gagged sometimes. My mum smoked for years and always smoked as soon as she was up, but now shes on electric cigs, she has breakfast instead. I think its all routine with smoking..

Can I ask if any of you smoke? One of my clients is a personal trainer/nutritionist and I speak to her about it and she said if you have a ciggy as soon as you get up it will take longer to get hungry/want to eat although ive been like this way before I smoked xx

I've never smoked and no one in my family either xx always been a healthy family, and I used to eat all day long, I think in our industry you sometimes learn fast to eat as and when so your body doesn't take kindly to being forced just when your starved lol.

Im the same but always try and eat at least a piece of fruit and have a glass of water. Used to just drink tea but thats no good!
Ive heard if you don't eat breakfast your body thinks you're starving it so the next thing you eat it will turn into fat?
Dont know how much truth is in that but its made me make an effort and can normally get a clementine down before work then a banana by lunch time lol xx

I never have a problem eating anything at anytime lol......

Can I ask if any of you smoke? One of my clients is a personal trainer/nutritionist and I speak to her about it and she said if you have a ciggy as soon as you get up it will take longer to get hungry/want to eat although ive been like this way before I smoked xx

Nope don't smoke, never have.

I can't eat before 12pm coz I drink too much coffee/caffeine in the mornings!

I can't eat much before 10am as I feel sick even when at school I was the same & never are breakfast

I have always struggled eating breakfast since i was in high school. My mum used to make me take an apple to eat on the way, but i couldn't even bare that! Im worse now I'm older & independent. I hated eating breakfast when i was pregnant, as soon as i ate the sickness kicked in!! And if another client says "oh but breakfast is the most important meal of the day, you shouldn't skip it!!" I will scream! Everyone is different!

Was never a fan of breakfast as a child or a teen and early 20s, I use to take my breakfast to my work and eat it on my morning break at 10-11, but I have been quite into my breakfast the last fue years. The main things I have are boiled eggs, porridge or fruit :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

Very rarely eat breakfast, I too feel sick at the thought of it. Have to be up for a couple of hours before I can have anything, sometimes I'll go until evening meal without eating. Although I can't function without a cup of tea in the morning

Latest posts

Back