Does anyone else feel too sick to eat breakfast?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im the same but always try and eat at least a piece of fruit and have a glass of water. Used to just drink tea but thats no good!
Ive heard if you don't eat breakfast your body thinks you're starving it so the next thing you eat it will turn into fat?
Dont know how much truth is in that but its made me make an effort and can normally get a clementine down before work then a banana by lunch time lol xx

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it starts your metabolism off, if you eat irregularly, (like hairdressers do most of the time) breakfast is the main meal as your body can go into starvation mode, not knowing when its next meal is, how big it will be etc etc etc so everything you eat it will store as fat so when you don't have food to eat, it can keep going, burning the fat its stored!

So its kind of right but its not only breakfast, its why we're supposed to eat little and often so your always burning what your eating without storing it xx

It's why fad diets don't work, people starve their bodies for weeks/months, get to their goal weight, start eating normally again, and pile it back on, because your body is thinking its not going to eat properly for months, so just in case lets keep what I don't need.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it starts your metabolism off, if you eat irregularly, (like hairdressers do most of the time) breakfast is the main meal as your body can go into starvation mode, not knowing when its next meal is, how big it will be etc etc etc so everything you eat it will store as fat so when you don't have food to eat, it can keep going, burning the fat its stored!

So its kind of right but its not only breakfast, its why we're supposed to eat little and often so your always burning what your eating without storing it xx

It's why fad diets don't work, people starve their bodies for weeks/months, get to their goal weight, start eating normally again, and pile it back on, because your body is thinking its not going to eat properly for months, so just in case lets keep what I don't need.

Oh good I always eat little and often I'm a major snacker! X

Thanks for all of your replies.im not on a fad diet just trying to eat healthier. My friend has a book she is going to lend me. I've always suffered with stomach problems and as much as I love food trying to find something to eat in the morning that doesn't make me feel bloated or sick. I'm trying to quit smoking so like a few of you have said that could be the problem! Bad bad habit to have!!

I've always felt too sick to eat breakfast, I start to get hungry at about 10-11am. If I eat only when I'm hungry then I have 2 meals a day and a snack late at night.

Xxx

Skipping one meal doesn't actually make your body so into 'starvation mode' (it's a modern day myth). It would take a couple of days for that to happen. So no probs if you don't eat as soon as you wake up.

Latest posts

Back