Does anyone else find hair extensions a stressful job?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gorgeouslocks21

Reaction score
So I’ve always done extensions Part time but for the last few months I’ve been doing it full time (self employeed from home) and I’ve actually been finding it quite stressful.
I find even if I’m not working, I’m reply to clients, worrying if hair is going to be delivered on time, if my clients will be happy with their hair when I do their fitting tommorow etc.
I just find my mind is always on something.
I don’t think it helps that my supplier tends to send hair that dosnt match the ring and then I’m always worrying it’s not going to match. But I can’t find any other supplier with hair that lasts as well for the price.
I just overal find it stessful and don’t feel like my mind is ever just blank lol
Does anyone else ever feel like this???
I do love my job, but just find it demanding and stressful most days

yea i feel the same on times.
what suppliers do you use?
i feel like i've got my complaints procedures down to an art. in the last 6-7 years i can't recall any complaints that weren't totally warranted, or had any bad vibes with clients, and 9/10 always come back... i always say before they leave, any problems get in touch, i'm always here etc, and never act like its a big deal because it rarely is..
the thing i struggle with the most is comparing myself to other hair stylists who do the exact same as me going on lush holidays and driving range rovers while i settle for bognor regis and a 1.2 fiesta :(
comparison is the thief of joy!!!

yea i feel the same on times.
what suppliers do you use?
i feel like i've got my complaints procedures down to an art. in the last 6-7 years i can't recall any complaints that weren't totally warranted, or had any bad vibes with clients, and 9/10 always come back... i always say before they leave, any problems get in touch, i'm always here etc, and never act like its a big deal because it rarely is..
the thing i struggle with the most is comparing myself to other hair stylists who do the exact same as me going on lush holidays and driving range rovers while i settle for bognor regis and a 1.2 fiesta :(
comparison is the thief of joy!!!
I use euphoria one mainly! Who do you use? X
Yeah I do always make sure aswell to say To let me now if you have any problems, but I do occasionally just get the odd fussy client who for example will complain about losing 2 strands or something -.-
Awww yeah I have other stylists around me doing the same thing ha but the ladies around me who look like they are doing well with there range rovers and that do have super expensive prices , so I try not to compare!

Ha! Yes I feel you! I’m fully booked all day everyday 4 weeks in advance and still only drive a fiesta and still have to save furiously for a holiday! Mind you I do love my job and my prices make it affordable for people who ordinarily wouldn’t be able to sell a kidney to afford hair extensions.! All those delighted happy clients who have heaps more confidence due to your skills will make all that stress worth while. Xx[emoji8]

Agreed euphoria ones hair is amazing but there is always a tense moment that the colours are sometimes off and that can be stressful! I’ve found that the mixed blonds are all the same regardless of what I order but I have addressed it with them and they are looking into it. Would love some more ash colours as everything still seems to be coming up warm. The downside of dying Brazilian hair though I think x

I agree with all the above... I think that us stressing over our jobs just proves that we care about what we do and the results we achieve .. I don’t think it would be normal if we didn’t get stressed or a bit anxious.. I too use euthoria and majority of the time I’m always happy with the results but unfortunately there is always the odd occasion where the colour isn’t quite right.. I just try and allow my self plenty of time to send the hair back if need be xx[emoji8]

i use euphoria one too but sometimes transform also... neither of them have a nice ash mix blonde shade dunno whats up with that?? when i first started out years ago i used pro salon hair which is crap in all honesty but their 18/613 is absolutely amaaaaze but the quality just isn't there..
i haven't noticed any problems with their colours being off but have only been using them for a year or so.. fabulong i found was like 3 shades different when they arrived though

Yes I do find it stressful but its worth it.

I’m glad i’ve Come across this.. i’ve Been using euphoria one Russian Mongolian hair and i’ve Been having trouble with the blondes too!! My client ordered her hair direct (white blonde) it was perfect then when it came for me to order this hair (white blonde) it came silver! I can never seem to match up with the colour ring the blondes always seem the same or just different to the swatch..?? I’m always so anxious when I see the postman with my parcel

Agreed euphoria ones hair is amazing but there is always a tense moment that the colours are sometimes off and that can be stressful! I’ve found that the mixed blonds are all the same regardless of what I order but I have addressed it with them and they are looking into it. Would love some more ash colours as everything still seems to be coming up warm. The downside of dying Brazilian hair though I think x
yes i find this all the time the colours dont seem to match the wheel and also some shades fade really quickly. Which is a shame because the actual quality is lovely x

I’m glad i’ve Come across this.. i’ve Been using euphoria one Russian Mongolian hair and i’ve Been having trouble with the blondes too!! My client ordered her hair direct (white blonde) it was perfect then when it came for me to order this hair (white blonde) it came silver! I can never seem to match up with the colour ring the blondes always seem the same or just different to the swatch..?? I’m always so anxious when I see the postman with my parcel
yes its not just you i also have this problem with them, i now add a note to my order saying to match it to the colour wheel before sending it! always have to allow extra time in case i need to send it back -,-x

I’ve had issues with colour matching with all the suppliers I’ve used but I always keep going back to Euphoria because their hair is really amazing. They stock over 100 colours and I can honestly say most of my orders match perfectly. They have a massive selection of shades, it’s incredible. X

I’ve had issues with colour matching with all the suppliers I’ve used but I always keep going back to Euphoria because their hair is really amazing. They stock over 100 colours and I can honestly say most of my orders match perfectly. They have a massive selection of shades, it’s incredible. X
yes i agree the hair is good quality and normally long lasting, but they do still have some places they could improve on like making sure all shades match the wheel okay before sending x

I feel exactly the same.. I worry every time I open my parcels as you never know what your going to get.. iv used euphoria one for a long time now but there blondes unfortunately seem to be getting worse [emoji31] there 60s are looking more like a 613 quite yellow in tone and iv been using there 18/22 for a while now which was always perfect but recently it’s been nothing like it..

Good morning

Thank you for your feedback, this always helps us with improve our services.

We stock the largest colour variation in the UK with over 120 different colours, over 5 different grades, in 3 different lengths and up to 9 different methods. Our grades are manufactured from different sources and different factories from different parts of the world. As we have such a large range, to make things simpler, our factories match to one master Euphoria colour ring to ensure the best possible matches are availabale over the different hair materials without customers needing to purchase additional rings for additional grades.

Different origins act differently from one another and absorbs different amounts of pigmentation. Most suppliers will supply one grade/origin over around 30-50 colours and they will be sourced by a single factory.

Our colours should always match within the parameters of the shades purchased however due to the nature of human hair extensions, some colours can sometimes vary, depending on the batches. This is because you can never create the exact same colour twice when producing colour. The same principle applies with mixing paints which is why there are batch numbers.

Every effort is made to ensure the best possible matches are available across our huge range of colours and we do have stringent quality control measures when stock is imported into the UK.

In response to shade 18/22 and 60, thank you for your feedback Jo. We have introduced shade 18 Light and 18 Dark. 18 Light is a new slightly warmer shade 18 which was mixed into a large batch of 18/22 and 18/613. Our older batches were mixed using our 18 Dark. Our brand new batches of 18/22 and 18/613 will be mixed using 18 Dark which has minimal warm tones through the shade.

Shade 60 is a very light platinum blonde and does have yellow tones. These yellow tones can vary depending on the amount of bleach used within the process. There is a very fine line though with regards to how much bleach we can use as too much will damage the quality of the hair.

We work very hard to ensure colours match 100%.

The colouring process is very technical and requires a huge amount of skill however we must understand that we colour human hair, from different donors and different origins. These factors will always reflect in the finished shade.

As your colour rings will fade overtime, we would recommend updating your rings every 1-2 years to ensure all batches are up to date. We also supply individual colour swatches which can be added to your existing ring.

All of your feedback will be taken on board and this will be passed over to our factories and quality control team, thank you.

Best regards x

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the above response..

As mentioned previously iv used you for a long time and generally have never had any issues I love the quality of your hair the variety of colours and I think the hair is great value for money.
Its only really been the last couple of months Iv been noticing a real difference in your hair in terms of colours, I am also a colour technician so I do understand that no colour results are the same every time it’s just a little frustrating it seems to be happening more often. I do ensure I order the 18/22 In dark but unfortunately this still isn’t the same as it use to be [emoji20] x

Latest posts

Back