Does anyone else get backache?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShannonJo

Reaction score
Being a mobile hair extensionist I often have to bend down to fit extensions (as I'm quite tall) and they have no higher chairs just normal table chairs. I find my backaches a lot after 2 -3 hours and feel rather faint from looking down. Would I seem really unprofessional to have a break for 10 minutes in between just to kind of relax a little?

Any hints and tips would be lovely, thanks xx

get yourself an adjustable stool hun, makes the world of difference, im short so my upper back shoulders and neck kill, but one of the stylists who works with me is tall and feels it in her lower back! x

Does anyone know where I can get a light weight adjustable stool because so often I have to park far away and walk and with my box and bag, it would probably hurt my back walking there even more! Lol! Any ideas?

I always sit down as I am quite tall (5'9) I would never be able to do it standing up. I use their chairs or sometimes I bring an adjustable chair. Makes such a difference. I come from a family of bad backs so want to be careful to sit right as well and do the necessary excersises.

I don't care if this seems unprofessional to some but I always start fitting a head with no shoes on... then as I get higher up I put my heels back on lol. Most of my clients find this quite hilarious and have never had any looks of dissapprovement but as long as I save my back I don't care haha! I have been looking at an adjustable saddle stool lately though so if I find an appropriate one I shall post it x

Oh... and I am just under 5'8" x

Both good ideas! I shell be doing that more often :)

Yes my back gets so sore when fitting extensions, I have to stop and take pain killers lol. I'm thinking of getting an adjustable stool as well

I had this problem too... Bought an adjustable bar stool type chair from ebay for a tenner, does the job wonderfully! :) x

Latest posts

Back