Does anyone know anything about this course ??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

st_Catherine

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been looking around for courses near me that don't cost the earth ( Have just bought a house which needs lots of renovating so very little extra cash)

I found one which is held at Elegante nails and beauty in Eccles.(I'm in Northwich)

It's a 2 day course with ten people per session for better one on one, and costs £235.

Anyone heard of it or have an opinion ....??

Thanks Again

Aine

Sorry I haven't heard of this company but heres a bit of advise which might help you choose the correct company to learn with;,

Firstly you need to find out what you get for you money, Does in included manicure and education on the nail structure, will all the diseaease and disorders which can effect the nail be covered who to recognise contraindications, are the products included, what kind of support or aftercare is available once you have finished the course, there is just so much to learn about apply nail enhancments and I really dont think this can be acheived in 2 days...most Foundation course last 4-6 depending on the company and these are normally spread out over 6- 8 weeks.

You really need to understand the nail and its anatonmy before you move onto nail enhancments and this is really important if you dont start out right you will just end up spending more money in the long run - trust me on this learn from my mistakes...

Heres something my friend once said to me; if you walked into a hair salon and knew the lady about to cut your hair beleived she was qualified after 2 days would you really let her near your lovely locks?

Personally if I were you I would I'd ring Designer Nails as they have a education centre in Manchester which isn't to far to travel..look under industry links on this web site and their number is listed, they will give you all the answers you need....atb Louise

Hi

I have just done the Creative 4 day foundation course and it was absolutely brilliant. I do hear what you say about money, because it's a factor for most people, I know. My course cost just under £500 (including VAT). I know this is just over double the price you have been quoted but in my view, you get what you pay for.

I'm not one for giving advice usually and it's not what I want to do here......but, if I were in your shoes and with hindsight (because I know how good the course is that I've done) I would really try my best to gather up as much feedback as possible from local salons, from this site etc on what courses offer, how detailed it is, how many people are in the class, the hours done within the day and what kind of assessments will take place for example.

I have never heard of the people providing the course you mention, so I cannot comment at all on the quality of training given. All I know is that I am truly glad that I waited just that little bit longer, saved up enough money and went on a course that has an amazing reputation.

Hope this helps?

Shazzar said:
Hi

I have just done the Creative 4 day foundation course and it was absolutely brilliant. I do hear what you say about money, because it's a factor for most people, I know. My course cost just under £500 (including VAT). I know this is just over double the price you have been quoted but in my view, you get what you pay for.

The CND course is double the length and includes a kit worth quite a lot and a nail trainer.

Check out the thread called E-Nails as this sounds quite similar possibly to their course - you will read some very interesting feedback. Find out about the trainer - her experience etc. also what products are they using.

Training is an investment and should be viewed as such and not just the cheapest way to get into an industry.

Start off with the best intentions to do the best job.

My God that is the course I was talking about.

I chose it because I am a stay at home mum who doesn't drive and has just moved to cheshire from wiltshire so I don't know anyone.

It would suit me better to have a course over one week so Hubby can take a week off to look after our son and drive me there and back.

I will definately be saving up longer and paying more for a better course.

Thank You (Yet Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back