Does anyone know which toner to use for this color?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdeca

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for a second opinion on what toner to use(brand and #) for this photo below. There is lighting and possibly a filter:

60b1e9e852ab9b5f47b284a0c99f40d8.jpg
617d96513f4e4854afa80b74f457fc31.jpg

Thank you so much! Would you do half and half?

Beautiful I would use ignora royal 10.1
Do you have a picture of someone with? Google is showing different ones and hard to tell

Do you have a picture of someone with? Google is showing different ones and hard to tell
Are you a hairdresser?

Yes I’m a senior hairdresser :) No pictures to hand unfortunately but is a lovely light blonde ash colour used often to tone hair.

Yes I’m a senior hairdresser :) No pictures to hand unfortunately but is a lovely light blonde ash colour used often to tone hair.

I was asking mdeca as she’s not provided much technical detail and referred to Google.

Does anyone think this color is similar to the original one posted at the top? I am trying to find one in natural light that is similar to the original model posted.

Attachments

• main-woman-with-platinum-blonde-hair.jpg
    main-woman-with-platinum-blonde-hair.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 8
Are you a hairdresser?

No, I just want to make sure the color I choose looks good with my complexion. I referenced google because there are no stores near me with this brand where I can see this color swatch in person. Furthermore, the swatches online when searched on google look different on each link.

I saw the video with this brand but they mixed 10 and 12.

No, I just want to make sure the color I choose looks good with my complexion. I referenced google because there are no stores near me with this brand where I can see this color swatch in person. Furthermore, the swatches online when searched on google look different on each link.
Your profile states that you have qualifications in hair colouring?

Your profile states that you have qualifications in hair colouring?

I thought it meant interests. I do not know how to change it.

I thought it meant interests. I do not know how to change it.
Best advice would be to see your stylist for a consultation. They will be able to tell you what's achievable and offer advice on what tones will compliment your complexion.
You will find it difficult to do this by looking at pictures on Google. You also shouldn't be able to buy professional hair colour without proof of qualifications usually.

Best advice would be to see your stylist for a consultation. They will be able to tell you what's achievable and offer advice on what tones will compliment your complexion.
You will find it difficult to do this by looking at pictures on Google. You also shouldn't be able to buy professional hair colour without proof of qualifications usually.

In Europe you can purchase professional products without qualifications and I have colored my hair blonde on my own in the past with no problems. However, I am not doing it this time and will be hiring a professional but I can still tell if a certain shade will look good or not based on the swatch. I never let anyone just give me a colour from there mind because I tend to be a little control freak-ish but I have taken an extreme like to that colour. Based on your swatches recommended I know the colour would look really nice because I can see the swatches in person.

Colouring hair isn’t just a matter of choosing a colour from a chart, mixing and applying it. You have to understand the natural colour and tones in your hair and how they will sit with the artificial colour pigments being applied.

Imagine if you had a red painted wall and you painted a coat of yellow paint over it. You’d end up with a yellowy orange colour on the wall, rather than the actual pale yellow that you’d applied. A good colourist understands the nuances of colour and will choose a shade that when applied to your natural hair colour will blend perfectly to enhance and create the colour that you’re looking for.

Latest posts

Back