Does anyone make their own skincare?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voirrey

Reaction score
I have seen a few websites where you can make your own skincare line. I think it would be really nice to be able to custom make products for client aftercare that is prescriptive to the customers needs and was wondering if anyone has done this and how they found it went?
Thanks in advance

Before we bought in Eve Taylor, the salon I work at had their own range.
It was a small range, the packaging wasnt appealing in my opinion, I had no product knowledge on it, but most importantly it didnt sell.

I'm interested in this, where can you get your brand on?

I'm interested in this, where can you get your brand on?

We have the same in the hair side for logo'd hair products, from options LTD, they only do hair care and nail varnish with your logo. Search brand your own cosmetics it comes up with a bit (haven't bothered to look all the way through lol) xxx

Check out the EU regulations for cosmetics before entering into anything. You can get some companies to brand for you but they tend to make generic products that your label is then placed on. Getting products formulated and tested is very expensive x

Thanks but I was thinking of actually making skincare rather than just branding it. I came accross this website
Natural Skin Care for Practitioners - Aromantic Ltd
I did a course with them years ago and it was fun. I used to make a lot of my own skin products.

However, if you're looking at selling them, it becomes tricky as there is a lot of EU regulations you have to comply with. All cosmetic products that you want to sell in the EU have to be certified by a chemist and if there's any water in the product (which there will be in creams etc) they have to be challenge tested for bacterial growth.

It's a fun hobby but unless you're really serious about it, it could be a costly exercise.

Having said that, I'd still love to get my lip balms and soap certified when I get them right and maybe one day I'll go for it. But I don't think I'd go down the route of lotions/creams. But that's just me.

I did a course with them years ago and it was fun. I used to make a lot of my own skin products.

However, if you're looking at selling them, it becomes tricky as there is a lot of EU regulations you have to comply with. All cosmetic products that you want to sell in the EU have to be certified by a chemist and if there's any water in the product (which there will be in creams etc) they have to be challenge tested for bacterial growth.

It's a fun hobby but unless you're really serious about it, it could be a costly exercise.

Having said that, I'd still love to get my lip balms and soap certified when I get them right and maybe one day I'll go for it. But I don't think I'd go down the route of lotions/creams. But that's just me.

That's really helpful coz I was wondering about this too. But what about all those sellers who sell home made cream on eBay? Do you think they're all certified?

Thanks but I was thinking of actually making skincare rather than just branding it. I came accross this website
Natural Skin Care for Practitioners - Aromantic Ltd

Hi, I'm friends with a lady called star khechara, the beautritionist, it may be worth contacting her.
Star offers diploma level courses on creating and producing skin care lines and knows what you will need regulation wise.

I'm saving to go on her course.

That's really helpful coz I was wondering about this too. But what about all those sellers who sell home made cream on eBay? Do you think they're all certified?
I'm sure that some of them are yep, but I would be surprised if they all are. But if they're not I wouldn't touch them.

Thanks guys I will have to do a lot more research x

Latest posts

Back