Does anyone offer a monthly offer on treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coppertop

Reaction score
Do any of you therapists offer a monthly offer and do you find it helpfull?
I'm not sure if it will help or if i will loose money by doing this.

If I run a monthly special offer its usually on one of my treatments that aren't as popular so it encourages clients to try something different

xx

If I run a monthly special offer its usually on one of my treatments that aren't as popular so it encourages clients to try something different

xx

Yeah that's was what i was thinking, getting them to try more than just one treatment!

The beauty side to our practice has only just opened, and we are using a skincare line that isn't as well heard of in the UK as it is in the States, so our offer of the month is 'Buy a prescriptive facial, and get a free half hour back massage'. The back massage is on our price list for £20, so that's massive added value for the client, and the cost to us is only 1/2 hour of my time and a trickle of oil. Clients love it, had five bookings for it so far.

The beauty side to our practice has only just opened, and we are using a skincare line that isn't as well heard of in the UK as it is in the States, so our offer of the month is 'Buy a prescriptive facial, and get a free half hour back massage'. The back massage is on our price list for £20, so that's massive added value for the client, and the cost to us is only 1/2 hour of my time and a trickle of oil. Clients love it, had five bookings for it so far.
And do you tink it would make those clients come back and pay for a back massage or even go the full wack and have a full body?

And do you tink it would make those clients come back and pay for a back massage or even go the full wack and have a full body?

It's the facials we're really trying to promote, and out of the three clients that have already had their treatments, all have rebooked a facial, and one is considering a course of treatments :)
There's a half price offer for a full body massage in a local magazine, and one guy has had the half price massage, and booked the Facial and Massage package straight after...the massage for him, the facial for his partner. Seems to be going down great :green:

It's the facials we're really trying to promote, and out of the three clients that have already had their treatments, all have rebooked a facial, and one is considering a course of treatments :)
There's a half price offer for a full body massage in a local magazine, and one guy has had the half price massage, and booked the Facial and Massage package straight after...the massage for him, the facial for his partner. Seems to be going down great :green:
That's great. So it does work then.
How often would you do an offer? or would you just do one as soon as things profits drop below a certain level?

We have monthly offers at the salon I work at, they do very well and is a good way of introducing clients to new treatments.
xx:hug:xx

We have monthly offers at the salon I work at, they do very well and is a good way of introducing clients to new treatments.
xx:hug:xx
What kind of offers and do you repeat them from time to time?
I run out of ideas!

I offer half price gel toes with a full set of nails :)

We never have special offers,I think they can be a good idea during the quiet times or to promote new treatments or less popular treatments,however I wouldn't have them every month,we wouldn't have the space to fit clients in for them.:green:

I would just do them if/when needed,once established, then I dont see the point tbh unless it's a new treatment as mentioned.:green:

We never have special offers,I think they can be a good idea during the quiet times or to promote new treatments or less popular treatments,however I wouldn't have them every month,we wouldn't have the space to fit clients in for them.:green:

I would just do them if/when needed,once established, then I dont see the point tbh unless it's a new treatment as mentioned.:green:
But to get the clients in when you are just starting off?
See i do very few treatments for the simple reason, i haven't passed my driving test YET but i like to keep ticking over with a few and i just want to be ready for when i pass and can go fully mobile.
I'm ready to be out there now!! :)

ღMandyღ;635092 said:
But to get the clients in when you are just starting off?
See i do very few treatments for the simple reason, i haven't passed my driving test YET but i like to keep ticking over with a few and i just want to be ready for when i pass and can go fully mobile.
I'm ready to be out there now!! :)
Oh yes,I would go for it then,build em up and when you have a full book then you can pick and choose a bit more.Good luck in your busines venture hun.:hug:

Oh yes,I would go for it then,build em up and when you have a full book then you can pick and choose a bit more.Good luck in your busines venture hun.:hug:

Thanks hun :hug:

I definately agree. We are currently running a different special offer each month, but that's because the beauty side has been open for only one month, and to encourage the physiotherapy patients and general visitors to the gym in which we're situated to try the treatments, to get them used to me and the services I offer :)

Hi there:)

i think that when you are trying to establish your business then special offers are a great idea! i am just going to do one where deluxe facials are 20% discounted although now i have heard the free back massage idea I may change it! thats a great one!
I have also done a special where you receive a free goody bag with a spa manicure/pedicure.
I find that once the clients meet you and have a treatment 9/10 times they rebook.

good luck with everything :hug:

Hi there:)

i think that when you are trying to establish your business then special offers are a great idea! i am just going to do one where deluxe facials are 20% discounted although now i have heard the free back massage idea I may change it! thats a great one!
I have also done a special where you receive a free goody bag with a spa manicure/pedicure.
I find that once the clients meet you and have a treatment 9/10 times they rebook.

good luck with everything :hug:
Thanks for that hun.
The free gifts sound really good and i suppose will go a long way with helping retail products too :) which we all know is good news for our pockets!!

gemmamarie, that's a great one about the goodie bags :) Wish we had some minis to give out! That would be really great.

I prefer to offer a free treatment instead of discount, because it offers maximum added value to the client and can actually cost you less...e.g. a free eyebrow shape with a facial is a saving of £7 or so to a client, but a cost of a dribble of wax to you :) Helps to introduce a new service that they might not have considered before, or gone elsewhere for in the past.

:hug:
Hi there
Just to let you know at the start of the year i started monthly offers, and they went down a treat. I wouldnt be without them.

I am never out of pocket as i am particular with what i offer

here are a few of my past offers to give you an idea or two

Back neck and shoulder massage, half price 20 mins - £10
this is so popular, and whenever the phone rings for an appointment i always make sure i tell the person the monthly offer, (after all its good enogh for mac donalds!! they always say "and would you like to go large, or a doungnut"
so i say "would you like a half price back massage with you pedicure etc.

Also oil/cream costs not a lot and a normal back mass usually last 30 mins so i cut 10 mins off and do a 20min t/ment.

Indian head massage - £10 instead of £15.

hope this helps you
Emma x

Latest posts

Back