Does anyone really do facial/body electrical or electrolysis after college?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurakate

Reaction score
Facial/body electrical and electrolysis are included in the general NVQ3 qualification but does anyone use them much after qualifying?

I'm qualified in facial electrical only but have never used these skills. Is it only a minority of salons that embrace these treatments?

Perhaps a bit random but even though I won't get the chance to do body electrical or electrolysis at work, I'm thinking of training in them because I'd like to teach in a few years time. Is it really worth doing it though? Like what's the point in learning a treatment just to teach it to other people? Am I being short sighted here or is there actually more chance to use these skills in industry than I assume?

I know that some brands use electrical machines (Guinot, CACI) but I still think there are lots of brands that don't and when it comes to hair removal, I'm thinking that more clients are aware of and loyal to waxing?

Will be interested to read your replies :)

I suppose it really depends on your future client base.

As a manufacturer, electrolysis and electrical face/body machines such as the non-surgical facial lifting systems are amongst our bestsellers.

Waxing won't be to everyone's liking and the same can be said for electrolysis.

As for machines such as the microcurrent, they've been popular for many years and with an increased celebrity following, I'd personally predict that treatments such as this are here to stay.

As I say, these are my views but I'm sure those who carry out these treatments will be along shortly :)

To be honest I wouldn't go to the trouble of training just for the purpose of teaching. In any case when allocating lecturers to certain subjects, I would be checking to see they had substantial experience in performing these treatments and that their knowledge was current. So I wouldn't worry too much about it! When I trained you HAD to do everything, but the days of the all rounder are over now, and I don't really think anyone would expect you to be able to do everything.

J

I would do it in a flash, as silhouette says it depends on your future client base and as we grow up and evolve our businesses our clients do as well. There are many women and men out there who are older and have the cash to spend on these treatments. Be prepared and when the people willing to pay loads for these tratments approach you , you will be able to offer the treatments as required.

I started out on the " cheaper" treatments and those clients will not spend more on ANYTHING.. they want bargains and will grow old chasing deals, but then there are clients who are prepared to pay more for quality treatments and as the wrinkles and older skin approaches they will want someone who is qualified, insured and experienced to do these treatments, those are the clients I am now seeing since I upgraded my skills at a considerable expense. Wish I had done it at the start,

Last edited:
Machines are 95% of my business

I try to encourage all my clients to have galvanic, high frequency, microcurrent or microdermabrasion (depending which suits their needs, obviously!). You can still use your chosen range of products within reason, and I find the results are far superior to products on their own.

Having said that, lovely relaxing manual facials with lots of massage will always have their place!

I've not long trained in 'A' Lift and the results I'm getting are amazing. I've found so far it's an older client base so it depends on if you think there will be a demand for it in your area x

Latest posts

Back