Does anyone still have 'normal' polish?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa_Schvartz

Reaction score
Hi All

Im in the process of putting my treatment list together and wondered whether anyone actually still has 'normal' polish on their nails?

Thanks
Lisa

I do as I’m allergic to enhancements.
However, if I want a pedicure, I’ll take in my own bottle of polish to my lovely beauty therapist as her stock of normal polishes is very limited. She uses her brand of topcoat though.
I still pay the normal price for my pedicure because the additional polish costs are minimal to me.

That's a good point, thanks for that! Are you allergic to Gel polish aswell as enhancements?

Yes, anything containing meth acrylates.

Yes, and since lockdown release many of my clienrs6have down graded to manicures so I'm using them more

Do polishes go off? I used to be a mobile therapist and have had a break for some time. I have a lot of polishes still that all seems to be fine to work with, obviously there were some that had gone a bit glupey etc which I have thrown out but there are others that I have been using on myself which still seem to be fine. Do you think these will still be ok to use? they are mostly China Glaze brand

Do polishes go off? I used to be a mobile therapist and have had a break for some time. I have a lot of polishes still that all seems to be fine to work with, obviously there were some that had gone a bit glupey etc which I have thrown out but there are others that I have been using on myself which still seem to be fine. Do you think these will still be ok to use? they are mostly China Glaze brand

China Glaze is a great quality brand so they should be good. Probably will need a goid shake and some may need binning, it's really dependant o nthe pigment ratio.

thanks, yes I used to love them when I used them before and have so many colours, found they lasted ages especially on the toes. Some I have binned but most are still pretty good. Glad I dont have to go and buy a whole new range :)

Hi All

Im in the process of putting my treatment list together and wondered whether anyone actually still has 'normal' polish on their nails?

Thanks
Lisa

I mostly use it on my feet, but I can’t bend down multiple times for gel polish on myself easily.

Clients never want it until you’ve got rid of it all or it’s start going funky...

I have a box of it and mostly it’s used on me but every once in a blue moon someone will want it. Always red or blue.

I use CND Vinilux 7 day polish many colours the same as shellac

Recommend OPI. Fantastic quality

Nope. I don't keep anything around that I can't charge a premium price for because I price my services to clear $100K/ year. I don't pressure anyone into doing gel polish, though. I'm happy to refer clients to a friend who works with nail lacquer. I also really hate working with it because I'm impatient.

I keep a very small selection of colours for a few clients who still use it. If anyone new books in, I always ask what colour they tend to choose and explain I don't carry a large variety of colours. I usually have some darks, reds, pinks and natural for french, etc. Also have a couple more unusual shades.

Yes, I stock about 100 shades in CND Shellac and matching Vinylux. I would estimate that I do:

Manicures - 80% shellac, 20 % vinylux
pedicures - 80% Vinylux, 20 % shellac

Vinylux retails well to touch up their shellac when going on holiday or just for own use at home.
Selling even more vinylux recently since lock down.

Yes I have matching polish for my gels. Last count I had over 100. I only charge £5 more for gel because I want my client out of the salon not hanging around with unsuitable shoes. So I upgrade if they haven’t got flip flops. Even so quite a few people want normal polish on toes.

As sanitiser makes gels lift, I always ask if they’d rather have normal on fingers. No-one ever says yes but it stops me getting lifting complaints 👍🏽

My gels are In black bottles. I display them in an led lit shelving unit with a matching normal polish bottle in front. It makes a nice display and clients like to choose their colour by looking at the display rather than looking at the nail pops I’ve painted up.

Latest posts

Back