Does anyone use a manicure bowl anymore?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
Does anyone use a manicure bowl with warm water anymore when performing manicures?? Its seems I only do full manicures if I'm doing Shellac, and that's the case I don't do the soak....

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

Rarely to be honest x The only time i use it is when soaking with oils x

Does anyone use a manicure bowl with warm water anymore when performing manicures?? Its seems I only do full manicures if I'm doing Shellac, and that's the case I don't do the soak....

You can soak after applying shellac .

Last edited:
I do, I use my soak dish for spa manicures with my CND Curtis or almond milk bath .

picture.php

Last edited:
I don't use mine, anymore.

Only for luxury manicures, I use a wooden bowl from Asda - think it's supposed to be a salad bowl. Looks very spa- like and was only £4 or so!

July x

I never soak nails, if I need to do extra moisturising, I use oils and heated mitts or paraffin wax.

I do i have a lovely spa looking bowl i soak and use hand scrub before i start. I also use mitts this is my basic manicure. If i do a deluxe i do a back massage (they are clothed still) whilst they have the mitts on.

Sent from my GT-I9001 using SalonGeek

I do when doing a luxury manicure I use the almond milk bath :)

It is rare I soak nails now, with the prep tools that we have and amazing nail oils on the market the need is just not there is it?

I sometimes soak using a sachet of bubble white if some one is unhappy with yellow natural nails because of smoking etc but it is rare I get a client who needs this.

I never soak nails, if I need to do extra moisturising, I use oils and heated mitts or paraffin wax.

It is rare I soak nails now, with the prep tools that we have and amazing nail oils on the market the need is just not there is it?

I sometimes soak using a sachet of bubble white if some one is unhappy with yellow natural nails because of smoking etc but it is rare I get a client who needs this.

The need is there if it is part of a Luxury / spa type treatment ,
then for many clients it is an expected part .

With CND products we do use a "moisture pack" for the nails before we soak "
The CND almond or citrus soaks are not te same as sticking your nails in water they turn from being an Oliy soak into a milk bath , :)

but as said above after application of Shellac your good to scrub , masque , paraffin wax , steam, soak what ever you want really .

(is bubble white a bleach ? isn't that worse dehydrating the free edge further than plain water ? (i dont know not used it before)

The need is there if it is part of a Luxury / spa type treatment ,
then for many clients it is an expected part .

With CND products we do use a "moisture pack" for the nails before we soak "
The CND almond or citrus soaks are not te same as sticking your nails in water they turn from being an Oliy soak into a milk bath , :)

but as said above after application of Shellac your good to scrub , masque , paraffin wax , steam, soak what ever you want really .

(is bubble white a bleach ? isn't that worse dehydrating the free edge further than plain water ? (i dont know not used it before)

Of course, I was lost in my world of mobile nail tech where Luxury spa type manis are not on the menu :)

Bubble white does contain a type of peroxide to enable the whitening process, with my experince of using it in the past it has not dehydrated the nail to a degree where it has dehydrated them badly, it just lifts up the yellow.

It is not a product that I would use on a regular basis for anybody so I am unsure of what the effects might be then?

Is it maybe a no no to use because of what it contains? I found this on wikipedia, seems like this type of bleach is used in some detergents for the skin and also eco friendly cleaners :s
Sodium percarbonate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
You can soak after applying shellac .

After shellac, are you sure that wouldn't caused lifting? I have done one clients toes soaked after shellac, she told me they were all came off after she had a bath! I don't know why just wonder that might I done wrong thing soaked her feet after shellac?

After shellac, are you sure that wouldn't caused lifting? I have done one clients toes soaked after shellac, she told me they were all came off after she had a bath! I don't know why just wonder that might I done wrong thing soaked her feet after shellac?

You most certainly can soak after Shellac. Its how the spa mani should be done, you should never soak before. Unfortunately this would not have been the reason your clients nails came off in the bath.

So funny i was just asking myself the same question this past week. I upgraded my mani bowls from the plastic ones to nice ceramic ones that i can heat up and keep the water hot in and after i bought em i was thinking that i actually rarely use them anymore.
Kinda sad because a nice soaking mani is a treat to me. i need to renew interest in that service, it helped kept my book full in the past. Not a big $ per hour thing but a nice way to visit and promote my other services. Kinda like getting paid to promote myself! :) Hope you geeks all have a good weekend! :)

I have a special 'spa' section in my price list which only promotes the manicure side- mini, luxury and deluxe, paraffin wax, heated mitts etc..

I use all Sparitual stuff which smells amazing, it is a bit more expensive but the ladies love it. I think good old manicures are coming back, certainly in my area, if you advertise it as luxury treatment and keep it affordable then you're on a winner.

Being able to promote the organic, paraben free and vegan friendly seems to capture attention. Try doing a 'manicure Monday' offer to entice....:D

What is the point of soaking afterwards though?? It seems very unnessesary considering the soak is to soften the cuticles....

The almond oil soak softens the hands and skin as well my nanas skin has benefitted loads from it :)

I don't soak nails.

Jacqui xx

What is the point of soaking afterwards though?? It seems very unnessesary considering the soak is to soften the cuticles....

I asked this in a class once when talking about feet
the answer i got made Perfect scence
its for the client .its part of the SPA EXPERIENCE :) sometimes a client just enjoys certain parts and it can make them feel like they really did have a spa manicure .

i don't do it unless it is a full manicure, and i defenitly dont use it to wash off a scrub or anything its not a wash bowl i use hot steamed towels for that .

Latest posts

Back