Does anyone use an air purifier to remove L&P smell??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moushax37

Reaction score
I haaate clarite and the nsi spa liuquid. I really just want to stick to my system, but I need to at least lessen the smell, or else I can only do acrylics in the evening.
The salon air purifiers online are sssoooo expensive. I was thinking of getting something for just my room since its prettfy private. The honeywell brand at hd is around 150$$ which is much more reasonable.
Has anyone tried this??
Will a dust collector vent help at all or does it just help with dust?
Any input is sooo greatly appreciated :) :) :)

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

i dont use anything and have no problems
, I think good house keeping , a bin with a lid that is emptyed often , wiping on kitchen towel thats got rid of between clients , less brush wiping , cleaning out dapen dish between clients ,

I am not sure what system you use but there is a definite difference in smell of monomers from one brand to the next , I use retention + and there is barely any smell , what there is dose not linger .

I use opi competition 3000 and I only did one set of nails when they decided they couldn't stand the smell.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using SalonGeek

i dont use anything and have no problems
, I think good house keeping , a bin with a lid that is emptyed often , wiping on kitchen towel thats got rid of between clients , less brush wiping , cleaning out dapen dish between clients ,

I am not sure what system you use but there is a definite difference in smell of monomers from one brand to the next , I use retention + and there is barely any smell , what there is dose not linger .

I use NSI attraction and I do all of what you say and my flat smells from the moment the monomer is put in the dappen dish. I am going to try a purifier to see if it helps.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Put some dehydrator on a brush wipe and use that to wipe your brush. Cuts down the smell immensely.

You are right. A good extraction or filtering system that actually works, is expensive. But the consequence of not having one is that you may develop an allergy and be unable to work.

A good filtering system has several carbon filters to catch different sized particles. An example of these is made is Sweden and can be seen at the link below. Every nail school in Sweden must either use one of these or an extraction system that takes the waster air outside.

Filtronic Beautyline website

Desktop dust extractors are a complete waste of time and money. They only catch visible dust and not the airborne dust that ends up in your lungs, especially if you use an e-file.

Changing to an odorless monomer is not the answer because it doesn't make you safe.

I use a household room extractor, one you'll get in your kitchen to eliminate steam, and smells. I'm a home based salon, and put it in the wall at the bottom, so when I turn it on, it extracts most of the air out.
Made a big difference for me.
Plus Thier affordable x

Latest posts

Back