Does anyone who works mobile suffer with anxiety?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have anxiety disorder too, which seems to shift about just know its travelling in a car (motorways) and flying! but I don't tend to panic about work so much but I do find I talk an awful lot with new clients kind of babbling lol I also have the days where I have to push my self to get up and go out to work and am always fine when I get there! I would ask your doctor for a referal to see a therapist I still see mine, like xsasix I was given diazapam but had a panic attack when I took it as I was frightened what effect it would have lol your doc may give you propanelol which is great for relaxing and keeping panic attacks at bay :wink2:
Try to focus on the work and not so much the people, all of my clients are like friends now and I'm sure you will be the same chin up and goodluck :hug: xx

I suffer from panic attacks thankfully very infrequently however after a family trauma (a murder)it began to turn into something else ... Depression post traumatic stress I don't no what you'd label it.

I just no that I couldn't pull myself out of it on my own I couldn't cope with the situation I was crying at ridiculous things on tv or other silly things but really my reaction was nothing to do with this it rather the underlieing situation and the fact I couldn't process or deal with it

My husband made me go to the docs and the doc said he would never recommend antidepressants as too many docs dish them out too easily- however he felt I needed them. I didn't want them and felt like I should be able to cope and deal with this myself I felt like a failure.

I resentfully began to take these as I saw no other option and needed to get my life back to normal so to speak....

The moral of the story it took a couple of weeks but I began to cope better with situations that I would previously have crumbled 6months later and I believe my behavior returned to a 'normal' state! I was still sad angry etc however I was coping and being stronger. Against my husbands advice I decided to come off the tablets as I hated being someone on anti depressants -it made me feel I should be stronger than this....but without them I would have ended up I a very dark place they changed the course of events no doubt about it cliche I know!

But if you are struggling I would say every time it's the best thing I ever did it as short term and just leveled me out so to speak if you can't cope now then do something about it. No one needs to no but it is NOTHINGto be ashamed of!!! Cbt is also fantastic for panic attacks. There may seem no light at the end of the tunnel but if you take steps such as these to help yourself then you will be writing a post like this advising someone else in your situation a year down the line x

Hiya your not alone honey my anxiety is ruining my life, I used to take antidepressants great however I ground my teeth terribly with them but they definitely helped I stopped as my dentist dpsaid I would lose my teeth due to grinding.

But I now take proprandol for anxiety does not take away completely but reduces symptoms, being mobile does not help as you don't know what u r going into, but I would def recommend getting something from doc there r things that r not addictive. Thankfully like you I have a very supportive husband.

But don't cancel your appointments due to this get the help you need hundreds of people suffer anxiety I used to just think it was me.

Take care and go to doc xxxxxx

Lovely support help and advice from you all love sg for this. I suffered pa and anxiety after birth of wee one. I went for counselling brilliant really helps. Carry a paper bag with you when you feel anxious or panic breath in and out helps to stable breathing and deter you mind away from anxiety. I was the same red neck and face. Deter by saying oh it's hot in here. Rather than worry what to say. Favour music on car for journey journey will pass in no time sing along and you'll be so busy singing and working you feeling anxious and panic will be far away in mind xxxx

Hi.

I am suffering badly at the moment working full time and then doing college part time. The anxiety and depression is really frustrating. Iv just been signed off work for 2 weeks so I feel better today. It's ridiculously busy at work and college work has been suffering so much so that I dont think I'm going to finish cos I have too much to do and too little time. Il have to have a word with college. Thing is I don't know what success feels like so don't put in the effort. It's hard. But one day I will get there. I really feel for you so we should send positivity to each other. Xxx

Hi.

I am suffering badly at the moment working full time and then doing college part time. The anxiety and depression is really frustrating. Iv just been signed off work for 2 weeks so I feel better today. It's ridiculously busy at work and college work has been suffering so much so that I dont think I'm going to finish cos I have too much to do and too little time. Il have to have a word with college. Thing is I don't know what success feels like so don't put in the effort. It's hard. But one day I will get there. I really feel for you so we should send positivity to each other. Xxx
Speak to tutor again hun ask her to go over previous assessments with you may give you a boost as sure you've done well this might give you confidence boost. You WILL get through it I've was so bad 2009-2010 though doctor sent me to councilling at local hospital I must say he was great. I don't know full situation though for me when I was signed off it made me worse as had to much time to think about things and put myself down. Getting out and speaking to clients did help and was amazed at how many clients at some point in life had same down days or months though many still don't know about mine. Chin up xxxx

It does get better :)

We had a really bad couple of years from 2008-2010 which resulted in my partner getting custody of my step daughter - which is fab I love her dearly but at the time the whole process was hard, then my partner was made redundant, my brother got ill :( I dealt with it all at the time but then last year around march 2011 when everything settled down, brother was okay, other half got great new job, step daughter is settled - i got ill. I had croop cough, tonsillitis, and swine flu all at once, I couldn't breathe and had to call an ambulance, that was my first panic attack. I was having them every day till the august when I finally went to the doctor.

I kept thinking I was going to have a heart attack and felt like such an idiot always having these attacks, it was all i thought about every day :( my other half wasn't very supportive at first but when I went to the doctors finally he knew I was in a bad way - I never go to the doctors!

The doctor put my heart attack fear at bay by doing tests to show I was fine and it was an emotional problem rather than physical.

He recommended that I do more sport, practice breathing exercises and try to spend at least 30 minutes a day relaxing because I didn't want medication, I was told i had symptoms of post traumatic stress syndrome :/

Anyway I know I'm ranting on but I wanted to say I did what the doctor said. My other half works nights and with the kids I can't go to the gym often so I do zumba on the xbox, afterwards I have a hot bath with a book each night. I have a massage once a month too as I have real bad muscle tension in the upper part if my body :/ I still have days where I feel on the edge of an attack but I fight through it, it's becoming less and less. I just tell myself it's all in my head, there's nothing wrong carry on!!!

I hope you feel better soon, speak to your GP because they are good at listening or finding someone who will listen and help find ways for you to deal with it xxxxxx

Speak to tutor again hun ask her to go over previous assessments with you may give you a boost as sure you've done well this might give you confidence boost. You WILL get through it I've was so bad 2009-2010 though doctor sent me to councilling at local hospital I must say he was great. I don't know full situation though for me when I was signed off it made me worse as had to much time to think about things and put myself down. Getting out and speaking to clients did help and was amazed at how many clients at some point in life had same down days or months though many still don't know about mine. Chin up xxxx

I am getting through it because I know I can do it, its just confidence and anxiety. It will get better I just don't know when and I have been through far worse before in 2007 xxx

I am getting through it because I know I can do it, its just confidence and anxiety. It will get better I just don't know when and I have been through far worse before in 2007 xxx

That's brilliant hun you getting through it as you know and say you can do it. 2007 I know it's not good to dwell on past though as you say 2007 was worse and you got through that you are doing brill big hugs xxx

Latest posts

Back