Does everyone have false nails??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always have l&p enhancements on, pretty long ones actually. They never get in the way of my work, it's advertising. I feel naked without them!(not a very original answer, is it?)

I always wear enhancements...L&P...usally with a natural tip. My own nails are rubbish and wouldn't be a good advertisement for me.

The varnish does come off when I'm working but it is usually only clear so they don't look too bad.

I also have them quite short...workable length..my clients always want that length as they too can manage to work with them.:)

again this worries me, my hairdresser quite often has crappy tied bk greasy hair, cos she didnt have time to do it,

Funnily enough I remember a client saying to me that they always look for a hairdresser with unkempt hair. It shows that they are so busy working that they don't have time to do their own and so they must be good at what they do!!!!

I do my own enhancements, just wear gloves if I'm doing a soak off but I don't do many of those

How much nicer enhancements sounds than false nails :wink2:

Please forgive me! Im new to this and just learning the lingo! x

I very rarely wear nail enhancements as I also do other treatments. I think your nails can look just as good with neatly manicured natural nails.

now you see, this is what im worried about, because of the medical condition ive had since dec/jan, mine have become spoon shaped, developed re-occuring onycholysis and split vertically and flake away all the time, and yes they look bloomin awful, if i wear enhancements for more than 2/3 days i can feel them lifting with the onycolysis, so had to remove them again, and because my nails are paper thin they are destroyed for couple of weeks, so what do i do? i worry i wont get any clients cos first thing they do is look at my nails - help

again this worries me, my hairdresser quite often has crappy tied bk greasy hair, cos she didnt have time to do it, and cant say its worried me, but since im thinking of setting up business ive been worried state of me and my nails will affect business, so now im even more worried, will no-one use me because my own nails are awful?
sorry for hi-jacking this thread hun, think ill start my own xxxxxx

I'd leave the enhancements off till your nails have healed, putting enhancements on when you have such adverse nail conditions will not help, just try and keep them short and neat until the problems have cleared up. I'd actually tell clients why you don't wear them at the moment, becasue if I was a customer I'd probably think the enhancements had caused it and think god look at the damage they've caused scary! hope this helps xx

I always have enhancements on and i do do them myself. For one, i think they are a great advert for what i do, plus it shows all the designs that i love doing other than the usual french.

I do file into them occasionally, but now i rarely ruin them as i am careful while working. I am just used to having them and wouldn't be without them, especially as my own nails are just an awful shape when left to their own devices, so i can make them look how i want them to.

As i wear different designs, i find my clients try different stuff as well. It's great as no one where i am offers built in designs or colourfades, only airbrushed designs.

that was so interesting. i'd always wondered that but i thought it was a stupid question or something i should already know. i tend to doubt my work even though i know im not that bad.now that i met the top nail tech in the country,and she liked my work,i dont think i stink! yay!just still need a break.

My nails are my business card. My nails are always done in a different acrylic color on the tip and with a design sealed under gel. I like to showcase my work and where I live they have never seen anything like what I do (colored acr and 3d designs). Unfortuantly there is too many NSS around that I do not get much business so I am taking a job as a beauty school educator, maybe I can send some techs out that can do more than pass the state board exam. :rolleyes:

I personally wouldn't choose a technician that didn't have enhancements on, or that she'd not done herself. It speaks of her skill and quality of the products that she uses, to wear his/her own nails.
Just my opinion.[/quote]

Really?! I wouldn't advise a client to wear enhancements if:

she has a lifestyle that is not right for enhancements an she has no time to come back every two weeks for maintenance.

Bearing this in mind - I DON'T wear enhancements (rarely) as I fit into the above category! haha.

I do however make sure they are neat and tidy, clean and healthy.

I was always under the impression that natural nail care is of utmost importance. Now, if i can grow my own nails and take care of them and my clients see that - then they can see how theirs can (and will) look (health and genetics allowing) if they either go the natural route (as I'm a qualified manicurist too) OR put enhancments on until they are of a length to either take off or have an NNO.

So, either I'd say. I would question my nail techs ability if she had filthy bitten rotten nails. And I might think twice if they looked damaged.... and sorry to the other poster if offending you by that - (you have problems with your nails due to your health - but the client only sees she probably won't question you tbh and will assume you don't take care of them)

It is really nice for the clients to see your work and of course it's a great advert - but - not all of us have either the lifestyle for them, don't need or want them OR the inclination to sit and do them!

It is really nice for the clients to see your work and of course it's a great advert - but - not all of us have either the lifestyle for them, don't need or want them OR the inclination to sit and do them!

And I understand that.
And I do agree that most definately that enhancements are NOT for everyone.
Keeping in mind, that 95% of my services are for enhancements... I'm sought out for enhancements. Sooo...

So, perhaps to rephrase my answer: I would't choose a technician who's WORK I hadn't seen already. Be it on herself or a client.

:hug:

Latest posts

Back