Does everyone have false nails??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkcat85

Reaction score
Might sound like a silly question, but i had my nails done a while back for my wedding and the technician didnt have false nails on when i asked why she said they got in the way when she worked and ended up being ruined.

If you have got false nails do you do your own!!!! :lol:

I also found that they get in my way or they do end up getting ruined if i am doing someone elses, i either melt them with the acetone or end up spraying them when i airbrush, not a pretty site!
I tried wearing nail wrap and gloves but it didn't help.

:lol: hi there ,
yes i do have false nails as mine always break and i like a walking advertisement ist thing people notice and if i can get mine looking pretty good , then clients are easier !!!!!!!!!!!also im always checking out peoples nails in supermarkets etc its habit now lol :rolleyes:
take care
paula xxx

Yes. I wear enhancements and I do them myself.:) Its tricky and time consuming but worth it.

Due to a medical condition my once beautiful natural nails now split, break and generally look awful.:cry:

Oh and my 'new' nails don't seem to get in the way of my work at all, in fact they bring me in new clients!:)

I always have enhancements on too, as I think its a great advertisement for your business. I tend to wear mine almond shaped now as when I had them square I kept filing the corners off!:irked::lol:

I was wearing enhancements all the time to advertise, but last time I took them off they were so beautiful underneath and so long I have kept them natural (first time in my whole life i have not bitten them:)).

However, I have just got some crushed pink shell to mix with the acrylic and really want it on my nails to show it off, but then I want natural nails too as first time in life I have had them - dont know what to do:rolleyes:

I was wearing enhancements all the time to advertise, but last time I took them off they were so beautiful underneath and so long I have kept them natural (first time in my whole life i have not bitten them:)).

However, I have just got some crushed pink shell to mix with the acrylic and really want it on my nails to show it off, but then I want natural nails too as first time in life I have had them - dont know what to do:rolleyes:

Just do it as an overlay hun, I have a few ladies who have crushed shells/glitter tips etc as a nno.:hug:

Might sound like a silly question, but i had my nails done a while back for my wedding and the technician didnt have false nails on when i asked why she said they got in the way when she worked and ended up being ruined.

If you have got false nails do you do your own!!!! :lol:

I always wear enhancements.
Usually pretty long too. I've got used to working with them but I find that I'm better with coloured or glitter acrylic than enamel for work.

I always have enhancements on too, as I think its a great advertisement for your business. I tend to wear mine almond shaped now as when I had them square I kept filing the corners off!:irked::lol:

:lol: That's how you can tell I've got very few clients. Mine are square! I always tend to file the corners of my thumbs.:green:

I feel bare without mine, i have been wearing them for 12 years (not same ones) :lol:
I think it would worry me if the person doing my nails had no enhancements on, or worse still had awful nails, just as it would worry me my hairdresser having unsightly hair ? It is a great advertisement and so many people notice, school, coffee shop, banks etc and all my clients comment on my nails and if there ever is a broken one they spot it straight away and tut tut, so im sure they looking at everything all the time, especially top of my head as i work so always have to make sure my grey hairs have been coloured, what a life eh?:lol::lol::lol:

Just do it as an overlay hun, I have a few ladies who have crushed shells/glitter tips etc as a nno.:hug:

How daft am I - hadnt thought of that.

I do my own enhancements, just wear gloves if I'm doing a soak off but I don't do many of those

How much nicer enhancements sounds than false nails :wink2:

I always wear enhancements usually stilleto style!and I do them my self also. The only thing I seem to do is remove my polish when I'm working, as the others have said it great advertising and its free (well almost lol) x

I always have enhancements as well.........

This is my biz!!!!!....
I want to show what I can do .....:)
and I always do my own......takes a while to get them like you want them:rolleyes:.....but there my best form of advertisement!

I always wear enhancements too. I keep them short and usually NNO. Most of my business is ppl who say, "I like your nails. Where do you get them done?" My problem is I am always filing over my thumb and removing the shine. It's especially noticeable if I am wearing a colour. Good thing is I can fix it myself in 5 min!:)

I often wear enhancements. But also doing beauty therapy and offering treatments such as facials, massage etc they are just not practical. I wouldnt want to dig into my clients with my nails. When I do have them I do them myself and keep them on for a couple of months at a time, but dont often have much free time to do a rebalance!

I wear long almond shaped nno`s in all sorts of colours and designs,
i always do my own and no i don't ruin them when doing other peoples nails,
the last set i had on i left for 6wks without doing anything to them and other than the growth they looked fine.

Wouldnt be caught dead without them.. :green:.. They can get scruffy from work/kids/life.. But i feel naked without them.. so they are there to stay!

I don't have false nails.
I have enhancements.
They are from one end to the other, all my nail, with an overlay of UV Gel over top of them.
I've been wearing enhancements since I was 16yrs old, with a few breaks in between.
I'd go crazy without them.

They don't get ruined by doing other people's nails because I know how to work with them. They are my best form of advertising.

I personally wouldn't choose a technician that didn't have enhancements on, or that she'd not done herself. It speaks of her skill and quality of the products that she uses, to wear his/her own nails.
Just my opinion.

I don't have false nails.
I personally wouldn't choose a technician that didn't have enhancements on, or that she'd not done herself. It speaks of her skill and quality of the products that she uses, to wear his/her own nails.
Just my opinion.

now you see, this is what im worried about, because of the medical condition ive had since dec/jan, mine have become spoon shaped, developed re-occuring onycholysis and split vertically and flake away all the time, and yes they look bloomin awful, if i wear enhancements for more than 2/3 days i can feel them lifting with the onycolysis, so had to remove them again, and because my nails are paper thin they are destroyed for couple of weeks, so what do i do? i worry i wont get any clients cos first thing they do is look at my nails - help

I feel bare without mine, i have been wearing them for 12 years (not same ones) :lol:
I think it would worry me if the person doing my nails had no enhancements on, or worse still had awful nails, just as it would worry me my hairdresser having unsightly hair ? :lol::lol::lol:

again this worries me, my hairdresser quite often has crappy tied bk greasy hair, cos she didnt have time to do it, and cant say its worried me, but since im thinking of setting up business ive been worried state of me and my nails will affect business, so now im even more worried, will no-one use me because my own nails are awful?
sorry for hi-jacking this thread hun, think ill start my own xxxxxx

Latest posts

Back