Does IBD products cure with Gelish led lamp

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah Reeves

Sarah
Reaction score
Im wanting to purchase a new led lamp and I've heard some amazing reviews about Gelish lamp.

IBD says you can use led to cure the polish but would it be odd if I bought a gelish lamp to cure them with?
Also would it work?

Thank you

Maybe, maybe not.

How can you be sure the product will be cured correctly when using a different lamp?

That's why it's always recommended to use the lamp relating to the particular enhancement system, despite the temptation to simply use an alternative.

I am in the US, so it might be different here, but we had a very hard time finding the IBD LED lamp - although since TruGel EZ Flow and ProGel are sister brands, you can use those lamps, but we couldn't find any. Some even suggested IBD was no longer making their own lamps. We spoke with the people at AII who make IBD and they stated that both the OPI LED and Gelish lamps are acceptable. I use either my OPI LED or my Gelish 18g for IBD JG and find that they work very well. Still, I would prefer to work with the lamp from that brand.

Yes, IBD suppliers told me and I'm having no problem using the 18g. LED ibd lamp isn't available in the NL.

The CND LED one doesn't cure all IBD JG colours. I have experienced Dragon Fruit and Whipped Cream not curing properly.

Latest posts

Back