Does it make a difference where you buy domain name from?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil'Gem

Reaction score
As the title states, does it make a difference where you buy your domain names from? Other than price that is! Sorry if its a stupid question!

As the title states, does it make a difference where you buy your domain names from? Other than price that is! Sorry if its a stupid question!

Price, and sometimes it's easier to set up if your domain name and web space are both from the same company. Other than that, no, not really.

Thank you for the speedy response. I thought that was the case but wasn't 100% sure.

Thank you for the speedy response. I thought that was the case but wasn't 100% sure.

Some people will say buy you domain and webhost from different places, but I personally like to have everythign in one place.

Are you designing the site yourself, or getting one someone in to do it for you?

Domains vary from approx £6-£8 for a 2 year .CO.UK or £8-10 for a 1 year .COM

I also like to buy my names/hosting from the same place. I have always used dream hosting and found them to be very reliable, with reasonable prices and a very fast response time to any issues, hope this helps

It's nice and simple to have them both together however it's good to keep them separate - if you have problems with your host, you can just point your domain to direct to webspace elsewhere :)

As the title states it makes the difference where you buy a Domain name.
Other than Price we need to check the Memory Space , Bandwitdth,
etc. I suggest to buy your domain from the registrar XnYnZ.com
Since it provides affordable and reliable services. It also provides
a good customer support.;)

Latest posts

Back