Does Nail Harmony test on animals?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say that I too am sceptical about the whole testing issue. I'm not at all focussing on any brand or even specific product but nail products in general. They, mostly, all contain ingredients that are classed as hazardous and the instance of allergies (for everything incl food) is on the increase.

I'm sure that the brand manufacturers that state they do not test are telling the truth. But, the long list of ingredients in products come from many different companies and countries and who knows what they do? There has to be 'batch testing' on everything and I'm sure some of this testing will be what we don't want to hear about! Plus allergies are continually being researched and tested! The known allergens are being replaced with alternatives. How do you think these are tested for human 'consumption' and approved as a cosmetic ingredient?

I do think we, as consumers, should continue to question how products are made and help to minimise unnecessary animal testing. But to believe that nail products have not continued to be tested on animals on any level is naive.

While I agree that animal testing is cruel, as said above you would need to use extreme measures to avoid it. For example...

I watched a program on BBC3 before about the way animals are killed for certain types of clothing, boots etc. Sheep to be precise. And something very interesting was brought up... How many of you use vaseline, lip balms, moisturisers? In most of these products you will find the ingredient 'Lanolin' It is actually in almost everything. Lanolin is a product which comes from an animals wool.
Now Lanolin can be obtained without cruelty but most of the time it is not. Many places use very inhumane ways of killing their animals for their wool meaning they are also inhumanely killed for Lanolin.
I wouldn't say you have to go to extreme measures, just don't buy from companies that test or are shady about their policies.

And avoiding cruelty like you mention above, to be honest, if people are not upset about the cruelty involved in eating meat / eggs / dairy I'm not sure that they'll be that that worried about sheep used for wool or lanolin and cows for leather. But maybe that's just my cynical vegan ass talking? :)

Latest posts

Back