Does Nail Harmony test on animals?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pixie28

Reaction score
Hi,

I have searched everywhere and can't find anything that states whether they test or not. Could someone who knows, possibly point me in the right direction of a link to some info on it?
Also who are Nail Harmony owned by?

Thanks guys x :)

I can't answer who they are owned by - I though nail harmony was the parent company. With regards to testing I have asked my educator this question and the response was that gelish as a complete product is not tested on animals but some of the ingredients in it have been, this is much standard practice for most cosmetics, hope this helps, check out your local educator on the harmony website and they will be able to give you more specific answers x

Reading the link, it looks like they do :( How sad. I love their products but I am going to have to look around for a cruelty free product now as I won't use anything tested.
Thanks for the replies.

Nubar advertise that all their products are cruelty free and vegan friendly, so Gelicure Soak Off Gel Polish might be a good option for you. I use Gelicure and Gelish, the only difference I notice is that it is slightly harder to remove Gelicure. Gelish, of course, have a much larger colour range.

As Sofia said, I think companies can say this when they don't test the final product on animals. However, it seems highly likely that some or all ingredients that go into any chemical based product have been tested on animals somewhere along the line.

This is not standard practice, it's sheer laziness and tightness of companies who do want to spend the extra money on cruelty free ingredients. We as the consumer must show them this not ok. If we refuse to use there products they will have no choice but to change there ways. Last I checked opi was a cruelty free company and on peta's caring consumer list hth :)

Just had a look through the nail companies on that Peta list i.e. companies who are allowed to use the Cruelty Free Bunny Logo. The only companies I recognise on that list are Nubar, OPI, Cuccio Naturale, and Orly International.

This is not standard practice, it's sheer laziness and tightness of companies who do want to spend the extra money on cruelty free ingredients. We as the consumer must show them this not ok. If we refuse to use there products they will have no choice but to change there ways. Last I checked opi was a cruelty free company and on peta's caring consumer list hth :)
when I say standard practice that is not my agreeing to it but my understanding of it - I used to work for one of the cosmetics giants out there (not sure if I can name names on here!) and this was always coming up and the blurb we had to return with was exactly the same as what I was told by nail harmony. Good to hear that information above though as use opi for manicures and pedicures

Thanks , I am going to the Beauty Show at the NEC this weekend. Does anyone know if Nubar will be there? If not not, I might look at their site and order some gelicure to try. I would just feel alot more comfortable using something where I know that animals have not had to suffer to make it!
:)

just been over to the nail harmony facebook page and left a comment on this subject, if we dont let them know our feelings they will never change their practises.

just been over to the nail harmony facebook page and left a comment on this subject, if we dont let them know our feelings they will never change their practises.

Good idea! I shall do the same. Such a shame if they do as I love their products :(

I have absolutely no idea about it, but the fact that I read you can't find anything to support this, well rightly or wrongly, it makes me think it could be tested on animals, as a company that didn't test usually shouts this or makes it easier to find.

Just had a look through the nail companies on that Peta list i.e. companies who are allowed to use the Cruelty Free Bunny Logo. The only companies I recognise on that list are Nubar, OPI, Cuccio Naturale, and Orly International.

OPI are owned by Coty who animal test. Dont take PETA's list as gospel.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

OPI are owned by Coty who animal test. Dont take PETA's list as gospel.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Yes, I know. It even says "OPI - Coty" on the list! There was a thread on here a while ago when Coty first bought OPI. Some geeks were saying they would no longer use OPI because of Coty's record.

Thanks , I am going to the Beauty Show at the NEC this weekend. Does anyone know if Nubar will be there? If not not, I might look at their site and order some gelicure to try. I would just feel alot more comfortable using something where I know that animals have not had to suffer to make it!
:)
They have a 3 for 2 at the moment on Gelicure gel polish. Not sure for how much longer though.:hug:

I'm amazed CND are not on that list too. I thought they were animal cruelty free/ not tested on animals.

They have a 3 for 2 at the moment on Gelicure gel polish. Not sure for how much longer though.:hug:

Ooh which site is that on? x

Ah thanks. I am registered on there but need to send my certificates so I can buy as trade I think.

Latest posts

Back