does Nobility gel 'yellow'?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penny H

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for a soak off gel to use for non-yellowing French (particularly concerned about yellowing on holiday in bright sunlight). Currently I am using Calgel - early days as still training, but already getting a bit fed up that it seems to go yellowy quite quickly, even in the dark cold wet English winter!

I'm looking at Nobility as a possibility to try - I saw that some people were interested in it, but they said there was no white available at that time. Well there is now (and colours too), so I wondered if anybody can tell me what they think of it?

Thanks

Penny

i cant compare it with calgel, but i do also use bio-sculpture and i find it keeps its clarity longer than bio. i think with all soak off gels you get a slight discolouration due to the porousity. however with the nobility it is minimal.

i find the nobility gel is stronger than bio too and from what i know about calgel i think it is more on par with that as regards strength and fileability.

so would you feel comfortable using Nobility for a sunny holiday 'French'? (any favourite colours for that? - i think i'm going to give it a try)

thank-you
Penny

so would you feel comfortable using Nobility for a sunny holiday 'French'? (any favourite colours for that? - i think i'm going to give it a try)

thank-you
Penny

for french, ballerina pink and pure white. then the regular clear nobility over the top.
to be honest i have not tested it in a lot of sun, but it seemed ok when i was in crete last september. i only noticed a slight discolouration when i got home.

theres a quick rundown of how i use nobility gel on my website.its in the tutorial section. its not french, but it might give you an idea. theres one for glitter toes using it too.
Angel Fingers Nails, Nail Technician Courses in Northampton

thanks again - really helpful. sorry to keep asking more, but do you know if there are any good colours for a softer french (i like a choice of both), and when you apply the french do you do all pink-cure-white tip-cure-all clear-cure, or do you do it like i've been taught for calgel where we apply pink, wipe off the tip, flash cure, apply white & cure (then clear)??

Have you tried using a non soak off POW (paint on white)....??? most come in soft and bright and may stay brighter for longer...?

thanks again - really helpful. sorry to keep asking more, but do you know if there are any good colours for a softer french (i like a choice of both), and when you apply the french do you do all pink-cure-white tip-cure-all clear-cure, or do you do it like i've been taught for calgel where we apply pink, wipe off the tip, flash cure, apply white & cure (then clear)??

i generally do 2 nails at a time.
so 2 pink, cure for a few secs whilst i do 2 pink on other hand.
continue on alternative hands until all are done and do a full 2 min cure.
then 2 white and continue as above.
then do my clear in same way
if anything needs refining with a file or buffer do it now.
wipe off sticky and oil to finish.

i havent seen all the colours for the soak off gels yet , but will have them all soon.
i'll try and find out what the options are for you.

i have taken a few photos for a quick french tutorial for you and i will ask my web mistress to put them on my tutorial site as soon as possible, so keep an eye out.
they are not great pics, but i'll replace them as soon as i can with some decent ones. it will at least give you a few pointers.

oh by the way, just wanted to add that the nobility performs well over tips if you build a little strength by adding gel in the stress area and the clear gel also sculpts well too.

i'll work on some tutorials as soon as i can find time/model and photographer simultaneously:green:

thank-you so much for all this - i'm definitely going to try it.
i saw in your tutorial that you added gel in the stress area for strength - it looked like you did it as a last step on top of the full coat of clear - it also looked like you just applied it where you wanted it - doesn't this leave a visible edge?
you said if you need to refine you can file or buff at the end - would it need another coat of clear after that?
I'm learning so much more from this site than from college!
thanks again
penny

thank-you so much for all this - i'm definitely going to try it.
i saw in your tutorial that you added gel in the stress area for strength - it looked like you did it as a last step on top of the full coat of clear - it also looked like you just applied it where you wanted it - doesn't this leave a visible edge?
you said if you need to refine you can file or buff at the end - would it need another coat of clear after that?
I'm learning so much more from this site than from college!
thanks again
penny

it generally doesnt leave a ledge, its very self leveling. i apply mine in a vertical line down the nail and it blends in on its own. i always build in a little extra strength if the clients nails are thin or long.

yes, if you do refine with a file or buffer you just cleanse off the debris and put another thin coat of clear on to seal and shine.

I have a quick question. I have just starting doing bio gel nails and am wondering if you can use any other uv bulbs other then the ones that they sell. I have a different lamp then the one they sell. Any one using bio sculpture but not there lamp and bulbs? I understand any bulbs have to be compatiable with my lamp, but do they have to be from BIO SCULPTURE?

Thanks so much

Gemini

I have a quick question. I have just starting doing bio gel nails and am wondering if you can use any other uv bulbs other then the ones that they sell. I have a different lamp then the one they sell. Any one using bio sculpture but not there lamp and bulbs? I understand any bulbs have to be compatiable with my lamp, but do they have to be from BIO SCULPTURE?

Thanks so much

Gemini

i was told [when training with bio sculpture] that any 9 watt lamp with 2 or more bulbs was fine.
i just replace my bulbs with ones from where i bought the lamp.

i was told [when training with bio sculpture] that any 9 watt lamp with 2 or more bulbs was fine.
i just replace my bulbs with ones from where i bought the lamp.

Me too. I use the lamp I purchased from Calgel for Bio gels. I have also used my Brisa lamp and all work equally well (all use 9 watt bulbs...)x

Latest posts

Back