Does semi permanent mascara have to be removed after 2/3 weeks?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vgml

Reaction score
or can client just wear it off?
I've read lot's of post about semi permanent mascara but still not sure about removal...

I've got my course on Monday but from speaking to my trainer she says that she applies the spm for £35, then at the 2-3 week Mark clients can come back and have another coat put on to catch all of the new eyelashes for £12 then another 2-3 weeks after that it needs to be removed and reapplied. So all together they have it on for 5-6 weeks!

Thank you for your answer, but I would like to know if the client just have it applied and not come back to reapply or removal.
Will this product just slowly fade like tint or will it HAVE to be removed?

I have applied MYscara to my own lashes and it gradually fades away, no removal necessary.

I always send clients off with aftercare advising to NOT pick it off though and either to let it come off naturally or come back for removal as pulling/picking will result in them losing some of their own lashes xx

I've got my course on Monday but from speaking to my trainer she says that she applies the spm for £35, then at the 2-3 week Mark clients can come back and have another coat put on to catch all of the new eyelashes for £12 then another 2-3 weeks after that it needs to be removed and reapplied. So all together they have it on for 5-6 weeks!

Which brand are you training with? It is my understanding that it should be removed after 2/3 weeks and reapplied.

The pricing will depend on where you are. I am in Gloucester/Cheltenham and I can't justify £35 for a set. If I charged that I would only have high days and holiday applications. If I want clients to have it constantly then I need to set my price accordingly.

I think this is one of the places where we were all misled when this treatment became available. The pricing was way out for the cost of the product and the time taken to apply it. :wink2:

I would advise remove/reapply after 3 weeks. My price is £20 which I think is fair and includes removal.

I'm mobile and based in northern Ireland.

I'm having a mixture of clients having removal/reapply and one off holiday treats. :)

With MYscara (can't vouch for other brands) a light to medium coating can be allowed to wear off naturally (mine is usually 2 coats and is mostly gone within about 4 weeks, without any real regrowth issues) whereas I would advise that a heavier or more dramatic coating would need professional removal. So it really depends on what look the cleint requires.

HTH x

When I have done my own it naturally just fades away. With my clients I have advised them to come back around the 2-3 week mark. They leave me with aftercare advice and I have found most of my clients have wanted that break in between and not wanting it re-applied. I always apply 2 coats, haven't found that client that wants more than that and to be honest I think 2 coats has a lovely look. I introduced an introductory price at £25 and now have mine at £30 with £10 removal and £5 if re-applied, clients seem to be happy paying that. I am based in Fife, Scotland. :hug:

my last set I did I put it quite thick client has just come back from her holiday and it is wearing off nicely. She loves it and wants it re applied xxx It has been 3 weeks

I'm from Gloucestershire too. I'm doing my training with xaggerate.

Well I've done my xaggerate training and my trainer insisted that a single coat of the bonder could be applied at 2-3 weeks to coat any new lashes that have come through. Client would then need to return in 2-3 weeks to have it removed and reapplied. My training was on Monday (15th aug) so will see what mine is like in the next few weeks and try this. However I don't feel the girl who trained one separated my lashes enough so I might remove and reapply before I try this.

Latest posts

Back