Does Shellac damage nails or is it always poor removal or fake products?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffycloudland

Reaction score
Twice now I've had relatives say they had shellac and it made their nails thin & peel.

I do my mother in laws and nieces nails with no problems despite very different ages. Both of them have better nails now because of the solar oil and have bought some for daily use.

Poor removal, poor application, but also poor aftercare.

I have worn genuine CND Shellac continuously for 5 years, as have many of my regular nail clients and apply and remove the way I've been taught in line with CND's instructions, and many (but not all lol!) clients follow recommended aftercare

I have yet to see any damage to a nail as a result of wearing Shellac m, even those lovely clients that cannot get their heads around cuticle oil or any form of aftercare x

Poor removal, poor application, but also poor aftercare.

I have worn genuine CND Shellac continuously for 5 years, as have many of my regular nail clients and apply and remove the way I've been taught in line with CND's instructions, and many (but not all lol!) clients follow recommended aftercare

I have yet to see any damage to a nail as a result of wearing Shellac m, even those lovely clients that cannot get their heads around cuticle oil or any form of aftercare x
What exactly do you recommend for aftercare? Just using solar oil daily?

Solar oil twice daily and either letting the pro take the product off or buying the tube kit to remove it at home but not scraping your nails like your scrubbing the burnt on bits out of a roasting tin.

What exactly do you recommend for aftercare? Just using solar oil daily?
Avoid harsh chemicals.
Wear gloves when cleaning, washing up, gardening etc
Nails are jewels not tools so don't use the nail for opening cans, scraping etc
Solar Oil at least twice daily

Latest posts

Back