Does the title of Doctor actually mean anything in cosmetics?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fanella

Reaction score
i'm just wondering if clients see the title of doctor on a cosmetic product does it give it more credibility. I am looking for a new line not to replace but to run parallell, i have seen lines such as dr. haushka and dr. baumann, has anyone used these what do you think? Is the title just for marketing or is it a superior product. Sorry for being so dim but as i have said many times i have become so complacent and let staff run everything but now that my babies have left home i want to bcome excited about the business again.

I think of it like this you have Dr Gillian McKeith (You Are What You Eat) and then you have your hospital consultants - not the same think at all - Gillian McKeith definately didn't go to medical school. I don't take the use of Dr seriously unless I have seen proof.

i think you're probably right it's all just marketing isn't it, but I really want something different that will stand out. We currently have Guinot Elemis and Dermalogica in the salons, but I think that to make my grand entrance back in to the work place I need to be flying some sort of flag. Do I make any sense?

Latest posts

Back