Does this look professional enough for a home set up?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelt73

Reaction score
Good Morning Geeks

Just wondered if you would mind giving your honest opinions on my new home set up. I am booked on my Gelish 101 Introductory course in March and wanted to put together a set up at home so that when I start doing my coursework assignment sets of nails I will not having to 'make do' by using the dining room table. I'm conscious at this stage that it is set up in day room/extension but just wondered if you lovely people could tell me if you think it looks professional enough or have any suggestions as to how it can be improved? Waiting on my UV lamp and a few other bits which are hopefully arriving today :)

Thank you x

Attachments

• Nails1.jpg
    Nails1.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 2,409
  • Nails2.jpg
    Nails2.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 597
  • Nails3.jpg
    Nails3.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 963
  • Nails4.jpg
    Nails4.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 1,386
The wires tie wrapped down the wall are not a good look but other than that looks nice

Good point, thank you. Will get hubby on it and see if I can get it boxed in somehow :)

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.

Looks like a good start to me (everyone has got to start somewhere), it looks neat,tidy and clean

Anyway you've got more than I've got, (mind you lack of funds doesn't help :( )

Is that a table & separate storage cabinet or is it a combined thingy? also are you getting one of those arm/hand rest thingys?

I see you've got a pic of yourself up now, I'll know who to say hi to when we meet in a couple of weeks!

Thanks Claire,

LOL, tell me about it, my credit card has taken a bit of a battering recently and is currently gasping for breath as we speak!

The table unit is part of the Ikea Vika range, went for the black glass top, purchased two legs and opted for the Annefors storage leg as I'd seen the set up in someone else's workspace and knew that it would work for me. It means I can store the glass top against the wall when not in use. In hindsight will probably buy another two legs when I'm next at Ikea just so I can extend the table slightly and stand it next to the storage leg.

Not thought much about the hand/wrist cushion to be honest, there is so much to think of and if I find once doing it I think it will be beneficial will get one then. Just really wanted to put together the basics so I am not perched on the corner of the dining table at an odd angle.

Will see you in March :) Am excited but also a little nervous too which I hope is just a touch of pre-match nerves! Have awful visions of just being rubbish at it when it comes to the practical side of things as I've not practiced with it at all x

Have you got a model for the course?

I spoke to Catherine about this. We will only need a model for the third day (which I have sorted). During the first weekend we will be working on each other (but will need to arrive without Gelish or any other gel polish on our nails). I'm sure she can clarify this if you need to. Hope it helps x

Latest posts

Back