Does this sound an OK offer for my loyalty cards?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazCardiff

Reaction score
Ive had a few Gelish clients but none seem to come back :(

Looking at a thread last night about new client gift bags, I've thought about starting loyalty cards to encourage return visits.

I will only be offering the cards on Manicure and Gelish only (I dont do enhancemants, im Natural nails only) and they will get 1 stamp for a service over £10. (I offer mini manis for £8 so no stamp for that) so if they get a full mani with Gelish, they will still only get 1 stamp. £20 wont give 2 stamps if you get what I mean.
Once they get 5 stamps, they get a discount on their next treatment. Im not sure wether to give a 50% discount, or simply £10 0ff.
(I charge £18 for mani and £20 for Gelish)

Does half price sound too much of a discount? Im torn between 50% and 25% Im a newbie so still trying to get out there and get a good reputation.

Ive tonnes of threads on loyalty cards and there are so many options my head is spinning! lol I just want a basic simple one.

Caroline
xx

Hi Caroline

I found loyalty cards work really well - definitely encourages people to come back to you for their treatments as they can see they will get something for free at the end of it. I offer a stamp per £10 spent on treatments - so if treatment was £25 it was 2 stamps £28 2 stamps - £30 - 3 stamps, but clients had to get 10 stamps to get something - usually a free treatment of their choice up to £25. I know this is quite generous but I do a lot of treatments where the cost is less than £10 - i.e. eyebrow wax/tinting etc so for those clients it would take longer to build up the stamps. Clients who book manis pedis facials etc build up stamps more quickly - but then also spend more too. I also run promotions on treatments depending on what I want to promote - i.e. double stamps on spray tan/facial etc or an extra stamp for retail purchase that month etc - you can tailor it to what suits your business at that time.
Make sure whatever you offer as a "reward" does not lose you money - 50% off or £10 off treatments seems quite a lot to me for clients having had 5 appointments in theory - when your Gelish is £20. Maybe 25% is better than 50%?
I also find refer a friend is a good way to get a client back in and potentially a new one too. You can tailor the reward to the client - so if you know your client loves a manicure but only has a mini mani due to cost - you can offer a manicure for free if she brings a friend for a manicure/or refers 2 friends etc - offer the friend a % off the first treatment. The client is more likely to help you out if they are getting something from it they really want - rather than a one size fits all.
If you aren't sure why clients aren't coming back maybe you could send them a little questionnaire to post back or give clients a feedback form at the end of their treatment - with tick box or answers to fill in
along the lines of.......did you enjoy your treatment?, any changes you would like to see?, would you recommend me/us to a friend?, - you could offer a free treatment as a prize for the questionnaires being returned - get them to put them in a box so you don't read them while they are there.
Also could you try to get your clients to rebook their next appointment while they are with you - maybe saying something along the lines of "i'm getting really busy now and I wouldn't want you to miss out having your nails done if you can't get an appointment when you like, i'll book your next appointment now so you don't miss out - when would you like to come in?".
I hope some of that helps.
Choccy x x

I would go with 25% off as u still need to cover ur costs and get paid... Or u could offer another treatment (if u do any ie eyebrow wax or file and polish on their toes) so it doesn't cost u as much....xx

I was going to do separate cards for shellac and tans, buy ten get one free. X

Hi Caroline

I found loyalty cards work really well - definitely encourages people to come back to you for their treatments as they can see they will get something for free at the end of it. I offer a stamp per £10 spent on treatments - so if treatment was £25 it was 2 stamps £28 2 stamps - £30 - 3 stamps, but clients had to get 10 stamps to get something - usually a free treatment of their choice up to £25. I know this is quite generous but I do a lot of treatments where the cost is less than £10 - i.e. eyebrow wax/tinting etc so for those clients it would take longer to build up the stamps. Clients who book manis pedis facials etc build up stamps more quickly - but then also spend more too. I also run promotions on treatments depending on what I want to promote - i.e. double stamps on spray tan/facial etc or an extra stamp for retail purchase that month etc - you can tailor it to what suits your business at that time.
Make sure whatever you offer as a "reward" does not lose you money - 50% off or £10 off treatments seems quite a lot to me for clients having had 5 appointments in theory - when your Gelish is £20. Maybe 25% is better than 50%?
I also find refer a friend is a good way to get a client back in and potentially a new one too. You can tailor the reward to the client - so if you know your client loves a manicure but only has a mini mani due to cost - you can offer a manicure for free if she brings a friend for a manicure/or refers 2 friends etc - offer the friend a % off the first treatment. The client is more likely to help you out if they are getting something from it they really want - rather than a one size fits all.
If you aren't sure why clients aren't coming back maybe you could send them a little questionnaire to post back or give clients a feedback form at the end of their treatment - with tick box or answers to fill in
along the lines of.......did you enjoy your treatment?, any changes you would like to see?, would you recommend me/us to a friend?, - you could offer a free treatment as a prize for the questionnaires being returned - get them to put them in a box so you don't read them while they are there.
Also could you try to get your clients to rebook their next appointment while they are with you - maybe saying something along the lines of "i'm getting really busy now and I wouldn't want you to miss out having your nails done if you can't get an appointment when you like, i'll book your next appointment now so you don't miss out - when would you like to come in?".
I hope some of that helps.
Choccy x x

wow! lots to think about.. Thank you so much for your help. Im thinking of going with the 25% off. xx

I would go with 25% off as u still need to cover ur costs and get paid... Or u could offer another treatment (if u do any ie eyebrow wax or file and polish on their toes) so it doesn't cost u as much....xx

Thank you. I dont do any other services at the moment. Im going to go with 25% off. xx

I was going to do separate cards for shellac and tans, buy ten get one free. X

Thank you :) Im going to go with 5 stamps, get 25% off. 10 stamps for Gelish at 3 week intervals is quite a long time. If I find 5 fill up too quick, I will change it to 10 at a later date. xx

Where are you going to get the loyalty cards from? I'll looked at vista print and think they all look abit rubbish, a lot p&p is also rubbish.

I'm planning to do spend £15 or more and get a stamp and then after 6stamps get £15 off something.

Where are you going to get the loyalty cards from? I'll looked at vista print and think they all look abit rubbish, a lot p&p is also rubbish.

I'm planning to do spend £15 or more and get a stamp and then after 6stamps get £15 off something.

You could always make your own. Just get some business card stock from your office supply store and use a template. As for the stamp, you could use a one hole punch and initial every time you punch the card. HTH! :)

I'm getting my tan ones from my tanning co. As they do their own, the shellac ones I planning to go to vista or 123 print x

Thank you :) Im going to go with 5 stamps, get 25% off. 10 stamps for Gelish at 3 week intervals is quite a long time. If I find 5 fill up too quick, I will change it to 10 at a later date. xx
My friends run a very successful hairdressing chain, they do the buy 10 get one free and a haircut is approx every 6 weeks and she said they are a big hit and the clients always bring them in! X

Im making my own! Im a skinflint and dont pay for anything that I can do myself lol. I made all my own flyers and people asked where I got them done!
I did find this site earlier today which I really liked for free Loyalty cards you print yourself: my shop signs | Free Customer Loyalty Cards

Im a crafter too so already have oodles of stamps and stickers and punches small enough for the holes. xx

Im making my own! Im a skinflint and dont pay for anything that I can do myself lol. I made all my own flyers and people asked where I got them done!
I did find this site earlier today which I really liked for free Loyalty cards you print yourself: my shop signs | Free Customer Loyalty Cards

Im a crafter too so already have oodles of stamps and stickers and punches small enough for the holes. xx

That's so great, thank you so much x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I got mine from vistaprint and actually got some really nice ones, but i added the extra's like a shiny front, etc. They do sting you with the p&p so i'm always careful about that.

My loyalty offer is spend over £10 and get a stamp. When your card is full and you have 10 stamps, you can use it as a £10 voucher.

I find this works really well for me. My customers love it, it doesn't break the bank but encourages people to return. I have treatments under £10, such as brow wax so they don't get it unless they have something else with it xx

I get mine from vistaprint I had a special stamp made up with the hands of my logo on (no one can try and stamp it themselves then) plus I think it looks great. When they fill a card of 10 they get a free treatment. At the moment my treatments are all above £15 x

I get mine from vistaprint I had a special stamp made up with the hands of my logo on (no one can try and stamp it themselves then) plus I think it looks great. When they fill a card of 10 they get a free treatment. At the moment my treatments are all above £15 x

Did u get your stamp from vista too... Was looking at them but couldn't find picture ones just words :)

Did u get your stamp from vista too... Was looking at them but couldn't find picture ones just words :)

No Hun my local stationary company custom made it think it was about £18 but I love it x

i got my loyalty cards from vistaprint and they are fine, they are appt cards on the back.....also got a stamp from there with my salon name on it,

ive done a stamp per treatment, 5 stamps and you get a fiver off

dont think you should give 50% or £10 hun, thats way too much and i think even 25% could add up to a lot if they came and had loads done, when you worked out your prices yo must have worked out how much it costs you to do each treatment??if you lost 50% that would be your profit surely??

Latest posts

Back