Does wavy look need layers?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esmith7713

Reaction score
I was hoping one of you kind professionals can provide some advice. My wife's hair is about as long as the model in this photo. her hair is thick (and colored) and it is "seemingly" straight to wavy. I say "seemingly" because underneath her hair is more curly. She does have just a few long layers - like from her nose down. she tries to achieve this wavy/curly look but the look doesn't last but more than a few hours. would layers help maintain this style? if so, what should she ask for? thank you in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 07-05-21 at 12.33 PM.JPG
    Screen Shot 07-05-21 at 12.33 PM.JPG
    190 KB · Views: 15
Was really hoping for a kind professional to offer their expertise here? any advice would be so appreciated- thank you!

Was really hoping for a kind professional to offer their expertise here? any advice would be so appreciated- thank you!

Long layers can help but, ultimately, I’d just explain what you explained here to us. Tell the stylist you want more bounce in your hair and got some reason your hair isn’t holding the style anymore. You can bring pics of how you want it to look too, to help. Pros are trained to cut it in a way that will suit your needs. You don’t need to be super specific about number of layers or where as long as you are specific that you looking for what you just addressed. When was last time hair was cut? Could be an outgrown shape you describing.

thanks so much for the response! she does get a basic trim about every 8 weeks or so and she does have just a few long layers- you can hardly even tell they're there, tho! maybe more layering - and i'll pass on your advice! much appreciated!

Latest posts

Back