Dog chewed my brush - any recs on a new one???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emmajt

Shopaholic Geek
Reaction score
Hiya,

After doing a clients nails (L&P) last night i left my brushes on the side while i was sorting all my nail stuff out and having a bit of a tidy up.

When i turned round to put my brushes away i find that my four legged friend called Missy has managed to chew both my brushes to bits (The Edge no6 and No8).

So now i need a new brush and thought i might try a different make while i was at it.

I'm still getting to grips with the powder/liquid ratio thing so something that might aid me in this would be ideal (ie smaller one).

I'm in the process of booking a one-one session with a Creative rep in Nottingham then possibly do a L&P conversion later on in the year (when i get the info through), so with this in mind, I've went on the Designer Nails website but there are loads on there, and i haven't a clue which would be best for me.

Does anyone have any ideas???

Em.xx

Hi Em...
I have a chewing puppy too if i am not careful...lol...so far two files, one being a girlfriend and the other a koala....grrrrrr...lol

I use the pro styler brush and i must say i do love it...hth's

Deni said:
Hi Em...
I have a chewing puppy too if i am not careful...lol...so far two files, one being a girlfriend and the other a koala....grrrrrr...lol

I use the pro styler brush and i must say i do love it...hth's
Yeah i wouldn't mind but she's nearly a year old (end of month), just going through a chewing stage again - skirting boards and table as well!!!:eek:

Thanks that does help a lot, just so i have a bit of a clue of what i need to look for - so many to choose from and i'm bound to get the wrong one.:confused:

Em.xx

Emmajt said:
Yeah i wouldn't mind but she's nearly a year old (end of month), just going through a chewing stage again - skirting boards and table as well!!!:eek:

Thanks that does help a lot, just so i have a bit of a clue of what i need to look for - so many to choose from and i'm bound to get the wrong one.:confused:

Em.xx

The pro styler is a great brush and small is not better for you. Prostyler is perfect and makes the job so much easier.

If youare doing your conversion with Tricia say HI from me.

Thanks Geeg

i think it will be with Tricia (or so Sue told me who i spoke to at Designer Nails), can't wait - could really do with a bit of advice and hopefully encouragement that i'm doing things right.

On the Prostyler front, is that the one with the interchangeable head - or have i got the wrong end of the stick???

Emmajt said:
Thanks Geeg

i think it will be with Tricia (or so Sue told me who i spoke to at Designer Nails), can't wait - could really do with a bit of advice and hopefully encouragement that i'm doing things right.

On the Prostyler front, is that the one with the interchangeable head - or have i got the wrong end of the stick???

You can buy the Prostyler with the acrylic handle or in the Master series with the interchangeable heads. The Master Series brush is expensive to begin with , but refills are much cheaper than buying a whole new brush.

Thanks geeg, might as well getb the master series one then.

Em.xx

I have to agree with Geeg here when it comes to the size of your brush.

I used to always use a small brush feeling like i could handle it better. I then had the chance to try some one else's brush which felt huge compared to mine. My original was a size 5, my new one is the EZ Flow master oval 508 which i think is equivelent to a size 8.

I have found it so much easier to use, i get a smoother application and barely need to file afterwards, so many bonuses to a big brush.

geeg said:
You can buy the Prostyler with the acrylic handle or in the Master series with the interchangeable heads. The Master Series brush is expensive to begin with , but refills are much cheaper than buying a whole new brush.
I have got the master series brush with the pro styler head and also bought a scultptor brush head too...cleaned it ready for use and keep it in my coffin with my other brush...just in case i need it for 3d or a tiny nail biter nail etc...warn you now though ALL the colours are nice..hard to choose...lol

Deni said:
I have got the master series brush with the pro styler head and also bought a scultptor brush head too...cleaned it ready for use and keep it in my coffin with my other brush...just in case i need it for 3d or a tiny nail biter nail etc...warn you now though ALL the colours are nice..hard to choose...lol
Oh God, don't tell me that - i can't decide at the best of times (7 pairs of shoes for my wedding - No8 was the one though:lol: )

Em.xx

talented talons said:
I have to agree with Geeg here when it comes to the size of your brush.

I used to always use a small brush feeling like i could handle it better. I then had the chance to try some one else's brush which felt huge compared to mine. My original was a size 5, my new one is the EZ Flow master oval 508 which i think is equivelent to a size 8.

I have found it so much easier to use, i get a smoother application and barely need to file afterwards, so many bonuses to a big brush.
i felt the same as you, felt i had more control over a small brush, i now use the funky looking ons no 8. its really good for me as where the end of the brush is taken off to be the lid, it means it is harder to contaminate, and nice and compact whilst im going between clients! and it looks cool!

Emmajt said:
Oh God, don't tell me that - i can't decide at the best of times (7 pairs of shoes for my wedding - No8 was the one though:lol: )

Em.xx

lol...oh sorry...lol...maybe you will end up with all of them...lol

Latest posts

Back