Dog-eared flip flops....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh My Days Geeks! I didn't know that I sparked such a spark...

...Groupon- I've taken a massive risk and investment opening my salon and I have used Groupon a few times as a marketing tool. Everyone who comes in is a potential client paying full price or not. We use all the high end products and treat every client 1st class. We have since retained many clients but many left now are Groupon junkies and just flit from salon to salon and have NO intention of coming back. Which is hard when you then cannot fit in full paying clients and your working long long hours for little...

...this client was not nice to have in the salon. She moaned constantly through her treatments about going to her sons wedding, hating the daughter in law, how she didnt want to spend out on an outfit and how she didnt like our spanish hairdresser talking in spanish to her spanish client- hard to please, only coming back with a voucher so I feel I can name her a Groupon Junkie...I do not wish to really have her back in the salon...and I did feel at the time I posted this initially she was trying to get £ off me...

...since I have looked into it. If I was to spill coffee over her bag, if a nail tech spilt polish over her jacket, if your car looses a mirror in tesco car park or a waiter drops a drink on your skirt, as your property has been brought onto their/my premises it's bought on at your own risk and I don't actually have to do anything...though through goodwill you can replace or whatever and yes I don't want to but I will for the good of my salon...

...the client has sent me a picture and speaking to my nail tech- who used to manage a shoe shop- she can see this was not damage caused by my dog, anyhow these are original original 2010 summer fit flops, so I've found an EXACT replacement in the us and have paid to get them shipped over. The client asked for a contributement to fund a new pair....tough shes not going to screw me over...well she has but I'm happy ive taught her a lesson...

...with regards to my dog, wether its a guide dog or not, a dogs a dog and I suppose they arent as hygenic as humans! However I know many top salons including Toni & Guys with dogs- u want their addresses, please pm me!
A poodle cross is low shedding and perfect for people with allergies- like me and I sleep with her in my bed, asthma and all! I keep anti hystamines in my till in case clients feel the need, or they can come in on a monday when shes not in. We hoover everyday, mop with safe chemicals, wipe the dogs feet on a rug just for her when we take her in or out, I thoughly cleanse my hands before I do anything with a client...and clients bloody love her. She is on our 'whos who' staff wall and we are having a 1st birthday party for her and our clients in may...and yes a few bring their dogs in...shoot me down...

...Any Geeks wanting to check me out, come in and get a free brow shape with me ;)

If it wasn't one thing with this client it would be something else!

love you all Zoe xxx

ps I've had my salon nearly two years and it takes this amount of time to build up and start making money- it's the best job in the world and i love this site xxx probs couldnt have done it without it ...and Pickles, my rock!

Whoah - you can't give your clients drugs! Whether they're over the counter or not!

Sorry, but really, you're just asking for trouble with that one.

We live in a litigious society; people will sue at the drop of a hat. You've worked so hard to build up a business; do you really want to risk it all for the sake of a dog?!

And Toni and Guy ought to know better...

I think you've done the right thing regarding replacing the flip-flops. Once in a blue moon you'll get a client trying to pull a fast one. If you weren't going to replace them she could have caused all sorts of problems which could result in sleepless nights.

Not going to comment about the dog anymore. We don't need to hear my opinion on that all over again.

I'm in Bournemouth May bank holiday weekend. I'll walk past for a nosey.:D

Whoah - you can't give your clients drugs! Whether they're over the counter or not!

Sorry, but really, you're just asking for trouble with that one.

We live in a litigious society; people will sue at the drop of a hat. You've worked so hard to build up a business; do you really want to risk it all for the sake of a dog?!

And Toni and Guy ought to know better...

I work in a nursing home a couple of days a month doing treatments and I once had a splitting headache. The nurse wouldn't even give me paracetamol!:Scared:

.Semi Finalists | Dorset | The Venus Awards Although I don't employ any of my team I'm through to the final 10 of Employer of the Year!

This was filmed in a 4 star hotel, they didn't mind Pickles popping in for a quick promo vid....if you think shes cute give me a vote...

whoops, if a client wants Paracetomol or something I'd pop over to the shop and buy them some, I put more money on their car park too, if I haven't got Earl Grey in I'd go and get them some xx

.Semi Finalists | Dorset | The Venus Awards Although I don't employ any of my team I'm through to the final 10 of Employer of the Year!

This was filmed in a 4 star hotel, they didn't mind Pickles popping in for a quick promo vid....if you think shes cute give me a vote...

whoops, if a client wants Paracetomol or something I'd pop over to the shop and buy them some, I put more money on their car park too, if I haven't got Earl Grey in I'd go and get them some xx

i haven't read through this thread yet but this worries me !

and will probably not be covered your insurance ?

as a business your only able to have a basic first aide kit . your not aloud to proscribe or supply medications .

make sure you cover your ass no matter how friendly the client might be!

This thread had enlightened my evening!!

I used to work in a pub, a big chain.

And we wasn't even allowed to give plasters out as someone could be allergic to latex. So we had to have special one. And one time i asked my manger for paracetamol and she couldn't give me one as it broke her contract, even tho we was friends, she was still my manger so wasnt allowed to give her staff pills, but I could go shop and buy my own.

''
...since I have looked into it. If I was to spill coffee over her bag, if a nail tech spilt polish over her jacket, if your car looses a mirror in tesco car park or a waiter drops a drink on your skirt, as your property has been brought onto their/my premises it's bought on at your own risk and I don't actually have to do anything...though through goodwill you can replace or whatever and yes I don't want to but I will for the good of my salon...''

I actually don't think this is true. There are cases where burglars have won court action for being 'hurt' when breaking into someone's house. For example one was a man who hurt himself on the broken glass on top of a wall designed to keep someone out. You have a duty of care.

It simply can't be legally correct that if I come to your salon, I am accepting a risk of my property being damaged in some way. I really think you have been been told incorrect information. I would love to be proved wrong...?

I've sorted it now... there are other threads for should dogs be allowed in salons, wether groupon is a bad idea...

...maybe it should be closed...

...I was just looking for how to deal with one particular situation and don't really appreciate people twisting my words and looking for an argument- and you are really if you have posted something on the bottom of this thread not regarding the initial post.

We are doing well as a salon, probably as we do have a chatty relaxed reception/nail/hair area....have posh coffee and our clients trust us enough to take their wallets and car keys and run over to their cars/ the shops to pick them up things...

...anyways before it gets personal I'm fully booked for the rest of the day and Pickles needs a 15 min run round the block.

Just watched the video. Pickles is so cute.Congrats for being in the final! I am going to be in Bournemouth soon to go to a wedding so I will book in for a blow dry.

Watched the video too. Good luck & a fabulous achievement :)

Just wanted to repeat the drugs issue - please please please throw out the anti-histamines asap! Unless you are a paramedic or a GP or someone with a license to prescribe drugs you could end up in all manner of hot water over this one... I was certified to give medical gasses and aspirin and paracetamol years back and the we had it hammered in that we did not give anything else ever...
Other issues aside as you are obviously taking the advise personal I just really don't want that one coming back to hurt you :(
Even when I was a first aider at work we couldn't give people medications (unless instructed by the ambulance service to do so) - we had ways round it but none I shall share on here :)

Latest posts

Back