Dog-eared flip flops....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I disagree about getting her to bring the faulty shoe to the shop. You're creating a negative experience (and customers love to share negative experiences with friends), for what will cost a maximum of £20.

A very famous high end car company has a quote about how they love it when their cars break down, as they get to show off how awesome their customer care is. They have found that people who had a car break down, were much more likely to rebuy the same brand, rather than people whose car had run perfectly. Customers remember how we solve problems.

Could not agree with the above more. I would replace, and give a voucher for small complimentary treatment with next visit. No questions. Along with sincere apology.

I'm with LondonRee and Stacey here; as a client I would be angry not because the dog had chewed my shoe, but because no-one had said anything. If the client is anything like me had you said as soon as she was out of her treatment that the dog had got hold of her shoe and apologised profusely she might have just laughed it off, but as it is she prob feels a bit had over.

I get that you don't think this woman is going to bring you much repeat business anyway what with the groupon deals but if you replace the shoes and give her a voucher maybe she will be so pleased with your customer care that she will become a regular :D

I get the impression that you have a 'thing' about her being a Groupon customer as you mentioned it twice and why is that relevant and that she was talking about getting things cheap? Would it have been any different if she was a full paying customer?

The flip flops in question are fitflops and cost around £50.00. Xx

I get the impression that you have a 'thing' about her being a Groupon customer as you mentioned it twice and why is that relevant and that she was talking about getting things cheap? Would it have been any different if she was a full paying customer?

sorry i do agree with this.. but my personal view regardless of if i had a discount voucher i would be shocked to go to a salon with a dog and evwn more shocjed that it was allowed free to chew my shoes regardless of weather it did damage its just the principle of it and i defo wouldnt go back but thats just my view.. if i was in this situation i would replace the shoes just because i know id of been at fault for having the dog there in the first place.. sorry if it sounds harsh but the dog did chew her shoe and from my experiance any dog any size can chew something for 10seconds and it leaves teeth marks and even if you couldnt see them straight away she could of been walking around and it could of stretched where a little teeth mark was.. id of just apoligised and just offered her a voucher equivlant to the shoe price or offer her a replacement pair of shoes x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Could not agree with the above more. I would replace, and give a voucher for small complimentary treatment with next visit. No questions. Along with sincere apology.
totally agree x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Just what you'd expect from a "groupon" salon. No wonder they have such a bad name on here. Dogs chewing your shoes.....whatever next?

I agree with a couple of the other posts re 'no questions and pay up'.

You know the flip flops were chewed you don't need to see them or take them from her.

It's your fault they were damaged, give her the money and let her keep her old flip flops.

What are you going to do with them? It's just being mean to take them from her.

If she wants a different style of fit-flop or a different shoe altogether so what?

If she wants to walk round in her chewed-up flip flops and buy herself a new bag - so what?

It's right and fair that you give her the cash or a cheque for the value of the chewed-up shoes and what she does with it has nothing to do with you.

I say all this with respect.

Customer service - you cannot build a good business without!!!

And it will set you apart from all the rest who don't have it.

Peace and respect.

This is a bit harsh. Groupon salons dont have a bad name groupon does.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

This is a bit harsh. Groupon salons dont have a bad name groupon does.

Anything I've ever bought from Groupon has been below a good standard. I don't buy from it anymore. I've never been treated like a full paying customer, from salons to restaurants. My friends and clients all feel the same. But this belongs on another thread perhaps.

Anyway, what's happened to the OP? Not heard a peep from her. Would love to know what she's going to do about this situation now she's had loads of feedback.....hope the dog goes!

Well everything iv ever brought has been good iv been to dinner and i brought a samsung galexy tab im using now. Iv had drinks all have been going maybe you have been unfortunate. A lot of geeks on hear have used groupon for their business with the best of intentions of promoting their businesses. It doent mean their not good also the whole dog things its her salon if she wants to take a dog its up to her she knows her clients. A very well respected geek on hear with two salons in the south london area used to take her dog to work everyday i belive and her salon is a top end salon.

I wonder what the insurance companies would say about dogs in beauty salons???.

I think there are separate salons that are specific for dogs....a dog parlour maybe?

Yes, me, my friends and clients have probably all just been very unfortunate....or have very high standards.

My standards must be high as I would be disgusted and horrified if I saw a dog in a salon. How filthy and unhygenic!

Is the correct answer.

Don't care if it's a jackapoo, a cockatoo, or a push me flippin' pull you; no animals in the salon, unless it's a client's assistant dog.

And it also makes no odds whether she's a full paying client, a Groupon client or a complimentary client. You apologise in writing, give her a new pair of flip flops, a free treatment and thank your lucky stars she wasn't from the environmental health department.

Sorry!

Clarks has a 'Shoebiz appeal' thingy going on just now where the have a big box for donated shoes which they send to Africa.

Just a thought... would be nice if 1 person gained from this unpleasant experience ;)

Lindsey x

Dogs are nither filthy or unhiygenic, what makes you think this. You are very rude!!!

I am guessing you dont own a dog. Now while i agree that a dog shoudnt be in a salon. I think if you own a salon you then have the right to run it as you wish. You may loose clients over it but that is for the salon owner to worry about not you. And many people wouldnt mind. If you dont like it then you go somewere else. What about a guide dog is that dog filthy to. Most guide dogs are labs the same as my dog. Is my dog dirty just because im not blind. Or are guide dogs, hearing dogs, therapy dogs, dogs that devote their lives to make their owners lives better, are they all filthy and unhygenic.

If groupon covered my area i probaly would have tried it by now as many geeks have and i have not got a bad salon. If the salon owner thought badly of a groupon client then why did she put it on their in the first place.

Alot of people do groupon with good intentions so dont tarnish everyone with the same stick.

Sent from my GT000 using SalonGeek

i agree with Chazz very rude posts from above geek

Is the correct answer.

Don't care if it's a jackapoo, a cockatoo, or a push me flippin' pull you; no animals in the salon, unless it's a client's assistant dog.

And it also makes no odds whether she's a full paying client, a Groupon client or a complimentary client. You apologise in writing, give her a new pair of flip flops, a free treatment and thank your lucky stars she wasn't from the environmental health department.

Sorry!

I don't think it's a rude post at all. I actually agree x

U think all salons that use groupon are bad salons do you. Or that all dogs are filthy.

Um, where did I say that Groupon salons are bad, or that all dogs are filthy?

Latest posts

Back