dog lovers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BABSann

Reaction score
You know,I have been getting exasperated with my pooches barking all the time,especially now the firework season has now begun.

For a long time I have watched on tv and heard about the stones in bottle method and thought,yes....yes.

Tonight enough is enough,dogs barking every couple of mins what with one firework or another going off.So,I went and filled a tupperware box of small stones,came back into the house and sat down.

Within 5 mins the dogs were up barking away at the invisible threat of the firworks,so....I shook my box of stones and hey presto....they both stopped.

What a shock,why didn't Ido it sooner??????I only have to put my hand near my tunpperware box and they both stop growling and barking.

I love my dogs,I love all animals but I hate the barking and have tried every other method(to no avail)hey presto I have found something that works.Just thought I would let you all know,please try it,it dosn't have to be a bottle indeed I didn't have a bottle only a box,but it works all the same.HTH:green:

Glad to hear you have found a kind answer to the problem, mine isn't barking at them just cowering and shivering like a little wuss lol ( she is a huge Japanese Akita )

Glad to hear you have found a kind answer to the problem, mine isn't barking at them just cowering and shivering like a little wuss lol ( she is a huge Japanese Akita )
Oh bless,that is sad,funny thing is my pooches are absolutely terrified at the shaking of stones method but they were happy enough to bark at the fireworks :confused:.

Scary time for dogs or any pets.God only knows what goes through their minds bless em all.This seems to have nipped it in the bud and I only hope it stays that way,not just with the fireworks.:hug:

glad you have found an answer!!

Our rabbit is terrified, we have him inside tonight. Last year one of my client's rabbits died from shock on firework night, they just seem to get bigger every year. . . anyway I'm off topic, sorry

I've never heard of that method though!

glad you have found an answer!!

Our rabbit is terrified, we have him inside tonight. Last year one of my client's rabbits died from shock on firework night, they just seem to get bigger every year. . . anyway I'm off topic, sorry

I've never heard of that method though!

I'm not following you but I cant help notice a common theme with your clients animals :eek: One of my clients rabbit's died when a motorbike revved it's engine up, such delicate little creatures arnt they:hug:

Babs, when your dogs stop barking after u "shake your thang" at them, you must praise them for their good behaviour, this re-inforces that not barking is good and the way to go xxxxxxx

I'm not following you but I cant help notice a common theme with your clients animals :eek: One of my clients rabbit's died when a motorbike revved it's engine up, such delicate little creatures arnt they:hug:

Babs, when your dogs stop barking after u "shake your thang" at them, you must praise them for their good behaviour, this re-inforces that not barking is good and the way to go xxxxxxx
Yes ,am doing Rach and loads of cuddles as well.:hug:

Both my dogs are looking at me like what the hell is going on? Lol poor things tried holding my youngest dog Jade up at the window to show her but she wasnt all that impressed :lol:
I have two whippets, who are supposed to be a sweet nervous breed, I have tried that stone in a bottle thing Aleigh was terrified but Jade just got annoyed and started barking at me!:rolleyes:

Ami

does anyone here watch Dog Borstal? they use the bottle with stones in method and it works a treat.

my dog is petrified on fireworks and I usually give her 4 drops of rescue remedy. She usually claws herself up to sit on my lap and pushes my head up with the pressure of her's pressing into mine.

this year alas, she is so old and a bit deaf that she's happily letting off gentle smells from her rear end and chomping quite happily through the fireworks. thats being 13 nearly 14 for you,

have you been watching what i have....pmsl
i found a biscuit tin filled it with stones as my westie loves barking at flying leaves.....the sound of spiders tip toeing across a carpet...pmsl
and its working great

Hiya all :)

yes stones in a bottle are fab, I use it to stop mine from chasing joggers :lol:which sounds funny but the joggers don't like it :eek:

I also have a whippet, tried rescue remedy doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Esso is sitting on me at the moment and is a quivering wreck! Does anyone have any other tricks to calm doggies scared or fireworks??

I did a search on the internet and read that if you dress them in a tight t-shirt it makes them feel not as vunerable, I tried :lol: didn't make a difference he just ran around looking like a scared dog in a t-shirt !!

The stones in bottle/tub works wonders,scared the hell out of my pooches but well......gives me and neighbours peace and they have had enough warnings:green:It's like I have no dogs.....miracle cure or what????

Hiya all :)

yes stones in a bottle are fab, I use it to stop mine from chasing joggers :lol:which sounds funny but the joggers don't like it :eek:

I also have a whippet, tried rescue remedy doesn't make a blind bit of difference. Esso is sitting on me at the moment and is a quivering wreck! Does anyone have any other tricks to calm doggies scared or fireworks??

I did a search on the internet and read that if you dress them in a tight t-shirt it makes them feel not as vunerable, I tried :lol: didn't make a difference he just ran around looking like a scared dog in a t-shirt !!

Does Esso have a crate? Aleigh, my older whippet, is very nervy and when she wants to feel 'safe' goes in her crate. Its completley covered with a sheet to make it into a den and she has a single duvet inside (spoilt I know :o)
PS me and my partner saw you had a whippet a while ago lol we get all excited when people have whippets we are a bit whippet mad lol. :hug:

Ami

No he doesn't have crate.... maybe thats a good idea:idea:, I think my dad has might have a crate thinking about it.... My dad and his wife have a golden retreiver... think I will phone him and see.

Yes me and my partner are the same :) , You don't see many whippets so when you do find someone else that has one or lucky you two! :green: its great to chat! :hug:

Yes they are a lovely, scatty and very loving breed, gonna find out about that crate now...

Paddy is like that too and he is a bloody big old english sheep dog!

The stones in bottle/tub works wonders,scared the hell out of my pooches but well......gives me and neighbours peace and they have had enough warnings:green:It's like I have no dogs.....miracle cure or what????

I have been thinking about this for a long time and was just waiting to here from someone who has tried it and its worked.

Sold!! I'm gonna give it ago.

Teri x:hug:

I have been thinking about this for a long time and was just waiting to here from someone who has tried it and its worked.

Sold!! I'm gonna give it ago.

Teri x:hug:

:lol::lol: Good to see u Teri :hug:

Is my dog the only dog that LOVES fireworks then ????

He abserloutly loves them,....as soon as he heres the bangs or the crackles....he runs to the door...with that excited side headed look on his face that they do when you say "walkies" lol
So we have to let him out...he gallops round the garden like a nutter haha

He really does love them...we were in the front garden with him before watching them all..
He gets sooo excited..
If the kids run to the window..he will run too and jump up to see...he sooo doesnt realise he is a dog I don't think :green:

Oh btw, I LOVE dog borstal

HRH is absolutely terrified of fireworks, I have to feed her early, get her to go outside before it is dark and then let her go in the lounge with the telly on loud.
She sits there, a shivering wreck but come morning, when its light she is back to threatening the postman:lol:

my dog is scared of fireworks....we went out last night (to see fireworks)and came back and our little baby would not leave us alone...i had to go outside with her while she done her wee wee!!!!!! she hates them ....we have to give her lots of tlc until she is herself again..xxxxx

My dog wet herself literally last night, i think she must of been too scared to :confused: go out for a wee,Friday night i opened the back door,she stood at the back door,looked into the sky,and went straight back in doors,bless her.

Latest posts

Back