Dog owners-advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to be rude, but i really don't see how that is relevant to my question, i simply asked what peoples opinions where on keeping dogs in crates during the day x
Hopefully they just wanted to offer advice or help with unruly behavior? I know I would have asked the same question but only to be able to offer some advice from my own experiences. I am sure that this is the case here too.

I don't have an issue with crates.I used one for about 6 months with my boy at night but he dosnt use it anymore.However I don't agree with one being used all day.

What is needed here is good solid training for this pup consistency throughout.Lots and lots of exercise they get board very easily.

One thing I will say is that the pup needs to interact with children and also the children need to interact with the pup and for the children to know the bounderys of what is allowed and what is not allowed and vica versa.

I sympathise with your dilemma and hope you get things sorted and from your post it is clear that you are seeking advice as to what to do and I appreciate it must be difficult for you. I personally don't like cages as I feel that keeping a dog in a cage is like keeping a human in a cloakroom. My dog's are fortunate enough to have the run of the house which suits me, but then again there are no children running around. Gook luck with your decision xx

It's lovely that you're taking the dog on, and I hope it all works well.

Now, forgive me for giving advice not asked for, but I feel I have to ask these questions, which might actually help you with your plans. Obviously you may not wish to answer on here, but perhaps just consider them.

Do the parents of the children know their childminder will have a dog on the premises, and if so are they happy with that? (One does not exclude the other, but it might be worth checking re allergies, fears etc.)

Has the dog any past history of aggressive behaviour?

Does it bark excessively?

Has it happily used a crate before?

Hth

All the children's parents will be informed, mum has almost taken Ralph on before.

Ralph will be allowed round the children when he has calmed down and the children are used to him. He is a lovely dog. He has never been nasty not once.

Just to let u all know that the crate won't be forever x

Latest posts

Back