Dog sitters/boarding Colchester?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babychops

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any dogs sitters that look after your pet when you are on holiday in the Colchester Essex area?
Thanks x

Google a company called Barking Mad - alternative to kennels. They have franchises all over the country and it's a home from home dog sitting type service. I would never use kennels again after using my local franchisee! They are not much more expensive than kennels, totally professional and you get photos etc whilst you are away to see how your dog gets on. Xxx

Thank you very much. My grandmother was meant to be our dog sitter whenever we go on holiday or for days out etc but she found him to much to look after. When he was a young puppy I could understand but he's getting better now. She can't be bothered with anything and if it interferes with her watching her TV she gets annoyed. I feel really let down as before we got our dog we made sure he would be looked after if we went away but now that's all changed. I'm nervous about leaving him with someone I don't know x

The person who runs the company where you are will have a book full of hosts that your dog will love! They will recommend people who are suitable but you get to read a profile and see pictures, and the company owner comes to visit you and gets to know your dog. Your dog will go for a short visit before their long holiday as well, just to check compatibility. All host have to go through a vetting process too. They all have experience with dogs too - my dog has been to older couples who have had dogs all their lives and now just want to look after one occasionally and a single lady who used to train police dogs, but they have all sorts of people on their books. The lady who runs the company where I am jokes that I should work on commission for her - but I honestly can't recommend the company enough - head office are fab too. I always used to worry about leaving Fudge but I don't anymore. Xxxx

No problem - dogs are part of the family, I know how you feel! Xx

Latest posts

Back