Doing Beauty Therapy NVQ course at age 22/23?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
27 when I did my level 2, I have a daughter and at the time worked 2 jobs around college. I too wasn't the oldest in my class x

I was 21 and went back to retrain I done beauty when I was 16 but didn't do anything with the qualification at the time. Im now obsessed with college 3 years later im still here and trying to decide on another course to do in September. Your never to old to learn a new skill! Go for it!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I was 21 and went back to retrain I done beauty when I was 16 but didn't do anything with the qualification at the time. Im now obsessed with college 3 years later im still here and trying to decide on another course to do in September. Your never to old to learn a new skill! Go for it!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks :) I've emailed the college so hopefully they'll get back to me. I did apply for a nail course last year but then ended up doing a 3 day course at an academy but I think longer term with more support will suit me better. I love learning as well, I feel brain dead since I finished uni a year ago! X

Just wanted to pop on and say hii!
I'm 22 :) I graduated uni last July and decided that I wanted to do beauty and while I became unemployed in jan this year it was a great opportunity. I am now half way through a 1 day a week (9.30-7.30) nvq level 2 and its great!
You're never too old :) xo

You are definitely not too old. I started my NVQ 2 when I was 50. My daughter started her NVQ 2 at 29.
You are NEVER too old to do something you really want to do.
Good luck!

Hi, I'm 22 and thinking about doing a Beauty Therapy course at college. Is this too old?! I know most of the people who do it are 16! I was going to do the course at 16 but ended up doing a levels/uni instead, now I still feel like I want to do it! I would love to work in a massage/spa kind of environment (I think!). And also have a skill that could be used in different countries.

Is an NVQ course the best way to get qualified? It's at the local further education college, and is two years full time.

If anyone has done this kind of course would they be able to tell me the structure of it?

I have done a nails course already, but I'm not very confident. I think this was due to it being a 3 day course. If I was to do a longer term course would it help Increase my confidence as I would be practicing more often and not just left to my own devices?

I'm also wondering if this is a good direction to go in? Are there beauty therapy jobs? Spa jobs etc? I don't want to waste two years and then not be able to get a job (like I did with my degree lol :()

Would appreciate any advice! I can't really afford to do it through a private school.

Definitely not too old , I'm 35 and starting my SVQ 2 beauty therapy in August and I've recently set up as a mobile nail tech , it's never to late to start doing something you love , I'm so excited to do my course I wish I could start today lol 😊

Latest posts

Back