Doing L&P on your own nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezza1981

Reaction score
Evening all,

I have done a few sets of l&p's on my friends and family now and have done my right hand but I want to try and do a full set on myself tomorrow.:eek:

Do any of you have any tips on how to do your own nails??? Any advise appreciated!

p.s. I was supposed to have my first assessment tonight but college closed due to a power cut!!!:mad: can you believe it! I was all geared up and ready to go, got to start on Thursday now!

:hug:

Is there any point doing them hun, i didn't think you were allowed to wear them if you were at college,
or am i been thick and your not doing a course to do with nails or beauty
If you do a search you will find 100`s of threads on this subject hth

No we are allowed to have nails on,only doing nails nothing else.

Ok will do, sorry normally search all threads got this blasted flu/cold thingy making me feel pants! :cry: Just wanted it to be a quick session tonight, the prob is once I start searching I get side tracked lol, occupational hazard on here!:lol:

Hi hun, sorry to hear you're feeling grotty . . .:hug:

The best tip I can offer you is, when you're doing the difficult hand (which for me is my right as I'm right handed) hold the file fairly still in your opposite hand and kind of rotate and rock your right hand against it, rather than trying to do all the filing movements with your left hand. Hope you understand what I mean lol.

Oh and allow about 3 hours!! I used to cheat and use white tips at first otherwise it would have taken forever.

Start with the difficult hand, then at least when you get to the other one, when you're tiring a bit, it's relatively plain sailing.

Hope you get on alright xxx

Edit to add: I would prep & prime one by one before l&p application too, it's incredibly easy to touch the prepped area with your other fingers and you don't even realise you're doing it

Yes definitely do your hardest hand first then if you make a mess you wont ruin the other hand when trying to remove the product,
my mate pips has a fail safe plan for doing your own nails, she puts the white onto the tip before applying it to her nails, perfect smiles every time hth
hope you feel better soon hun

Like the idea of putting the white on the tip first, only problem with that is you wont be able to blend the tip into your own natural nail.

Yes definitely do your hardest hand first then if you make a mess you wont ruin the other hand when trying to remove the product,
my mate pips has a fail safe plan for doing your own nails, she puts the white onto the tip before applying it to her nails, perfect smiles every time hth
hope you feel better soon hun

Like the idea of putting the white on the tip first, only problem with that is you wont be able to blend the tip into your own natural nail.
You dont need to worry about that if you use tips that dont need blending,
INM exact fit tips or Creatives performance tips hth

You dont need to worry about that if you use tips that dont need blending,
INM exact fit tips or Creatives performance tips hth

IMO if you dont blend the tip into the natural nail you loose some of the strength. Have used Creative white tips and find they are not as strong becuase you cant blend.

my mate pips has a fail safe plan for doing your own nails, she puts the white onto the tip before applying it to her nails, perfect smiles every time

I'm going to take this tip and run with it ....as I'm thinking of making my nails dark brown/gold......and putting it on a tip first and being able to fade it first ( on the tip) getting a perfect smile might be fantastic ! I'll have to experiment !:green: see what I come up with ...

Latest posts

Back