Doing my own nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teamtoots

Reaction score
Hello geeks, new to this and just looking for a cheap but good way of doing my own shellac. Iv seen all the rants on here about using cheap stuff, I'm not interested in causing arguments. I don't have clients it's my own use! I have a UV lamp 36 Watt which I bought on EBay and bought the CND base, colour and top coat. It seemed to cure but peeled off 3 days later, is it possible to just keep my nails in the uv lamp longer ....will this cure it better or will I need to get a better Uv light?

You may not want to 'hear' this but it's the truth: only the CND lamp OR the Brisa lamp will PROPERLY cure Shellac.

My personal feeling is this: if you are going to do something, do it right. :)

Their is consumer section on SG should you have any question.

The only correct way to have shellac is go to a salon. As you have discovered their is no cheap way of doing it.

I'm afraid you won't get any help other than on the consumer section as its mainly a pro only site.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

If you want a set of Shellac nails - go and find a reputable salon with Shellac qualified technicians!!! :rolleyes:

There isn't a cheap way and the point in shellac is for a long lasting manicure which you won't get from cheap brands, the wrong lamp or application from someone who isn't trained. That's not me being funny it's just the truth :) treat yourself with a salon treatment :)

Hello geeks, new to this and just looking for a cheap but good way of doing my own shellac. Iv seen all the rants on here about using cheap stuff, I'm not interested in causing arguments. I don't have clients it's my own use! I have a UV lamp 36 Watt which I bought on EBay and bought the CND base, colour and top coat. It seemed to cure but peeled off 3 days later, is it possible to just keep my nails in the uv lamp longer ....will this cure it better or will I need to get a better Uv light?

Clients or not, it's incredibly important to make sure you're using the system as a whole, not just picking and choosing which bits you think are 'important'. So much time, energy and money was put into developing these products and determining the exact timings, etc. All that hard work was put in so all we have to do is buy the stuff we're told works and perform the treatment - easy! There are many reasons we say these things (it's not (only ;)) for the good of our health) and none of them are ranting. Service breakdown (as illustrated), overexposure, etc - these are all problems which could occur if you don't use the system in the way it was designed.

So... if you want to do shellac then you need to have the system as a whole and that includes the lamp :)

And if you're not prepared to do that? Then you'll have to go somewhere else that does the treatment.

As a former pro turned DIYer, I have to warn you that it is a bit insensitive to come onto a pro site and essentially ask "Can you tell me (for free) a cheap way of circumventing you professionals and all your training and the manufacturers' instructions? How can I have what you do without paying you?" I'm sure you didn't mean it that way, but that's how it comes off. You would be better served by going to the consumer forum here or a DIY forum like The Purse Forum.

I'm moving this to the Consumer Queries section. :)

Oh goodness me!!!!

Latest posts

Back