Doing offers after coronavirus?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rippersroo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I’ve seen some businesses are saying they’re going to do offers when we get back to “normal”.

I wondered generally if people think this is a good/bad idea?
It did cross my mind as people may of been surviving on low incomes and not have the money to come back for big treatments immediately. On the other hand we’re all now not getting grants til June at the earliest and if we’re able to open before then is it better for us to be earning our full income & not discounting?
I’m wondering will clients be desperate to come back, or in fact realise they can do without their lashes/nails etc.
I’ve already had a client last week tell me she’s bought an at home acrylic kit to do her own!

Would just like to know your thoughts &ideas on offers/deals after coronavirus and reasoning behind it, Thankyou.

I wouldn't be discounting on 'return to normal' as most clients will be beating down your door to get booked in if you're marketing right in my opinion :)

I’m expecting a lot of diy home hair colouring disasters, to be honest. :eek: o_O

No, I won’t be offering any discounts on return to work. I don’t think clients will expect it.

Nope! My clients are commenting on social media and messaging asking if they can be first in lol.
Ensure you’re listing on fb etc nearer the time and hit the ground running.
Full price!

Nor me either,
Bear in mind that we too have also been on a low income and our clients will not expect price cuts.
AcidPerm I am going to be a really good girl and just go with the grey and a ponytail !!! My hairdresser will be happier that I have left it alone. She is leaving hers so I agreed that I would too. Ha ha. x

Discounts? Oh no. It’s going to be mentally busy, we’re not going to need to do offers to get customers. Well not if we had plenty of regulars anyway.

Always makes me laugh when I get messages saying “will you have any special offers on at Christmas?” [emoji23]

Thanks everyone seems a resounding no then!

Don’t ever cheapen yourself with ‘cut price offers’

There is absolutely no reason to offer discounts, every man woman and child will be counting down the minutes till they can come back.

As for the girl doing her own acrylic nails, see how long that goes

Sorry to hijack the thread, I also wouldn’t do any offers, but I was putting my prices up from 1st April & told all my clients, however the new prices haven’t come into effect as obviously not working at the moment.
When it is back to normal, do you think I should still implement these new prices or hang on for a month or so?

Go straight in with the new prices

Sorry to hijack the thread, I also wouldn’t do any offers, but I was putting my prices up from 1st April & told all my clients, however the new prices haven’t come into effect as obviously not working at the moment.
When it is back to normal, do you think I should still implement these new prices or hang on for a month or so?

As you have already notified your clients, go straight to the new prices when you open up again.
It will have been so long that they will have forgotten what they used to pay anyway! [emoji849]

As you have already notified your clients, go straight to the new prices when you open up again.
It will have been so long that they will have forgotten what they used to pay anyway! [emoji849]
Thanks for your help.
Half of them can never remember what they pay anyway!!!

Personally I wouldn’t increase just now. Yeah clients will be desperate to get all their treatments done but they can also go anywhere. They might not feel as loyal as they did before and it would be an easy time for them to go elsewhere without feeling guilty. I’d post nearer reopening to say to help out you’re delaying the price increase.

Personally I wouldn’t increase just now. Yeah clients will be desperate to get all their treatments done but they can also go anywhere. They might not feel as loyal as they did before and it would be an easy time for them to go elsewhere without feeling guilty. I’d post nearer reopening to say to help out you’re delaying the price increase.
Thankyou. I am mobile with a lot of older/housebound clients & those that work until late so would find it difficult to go elsewhere. I’m also one of the cheapest mobile therapists in my area (except for those that are WAY too cheap!!) & have clients that have been still been paying me through all this & still say I should be more expensive lol pretty loyal at the moment.
It’s a long road ahead & plenty of time to mull it over, thanks for your help x

Latest posts

Back