doing treatments and receiving customers at the same time????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
HI!

I had a practical question...
If you running your own salon and you are in the middle of a bodymassage and you hear a customer comming in to maybe book on apointment or to get some price info.....what do you do???
There is no way that you can break up your massage to serve the incomming client...

What do you do??????????

sorry you made me giggle! I would suggest leaving lots of leaflets out and a sign saying "please feel free to take one" then they have the information and can ring you at an apporiate time

You could get a sign put up saying you are in treatment and could they call you later or you could have a little notebook and pen and they could leave thier name and number and you could give them a ring when you are done.

HTH
xx:hug:xx

sorry you made me giggle! I would suggest leaving lots of leaflets out and a sign saying "please feel free to take one" then they have the information and can ring you at an apporiate time

That was a good idea, thank you...but my husband made me worried and said what if they take products because you don,t have a check on it... he is fuelling me up with worries :eek:!!!
He told me you should close the door to avoid this but i mean OMG, people would think i don,t have any bussines going on.
I never ever thought about this and when i think back on the places i worked before there were points where there was nobody at all downstairs and we were doing facials upstairs...

Sorry if i sound really stupid and overly conserned but i need to know how you guys fix it :lol:

For me it depends on the treatment, i don't answer the phone mid treatment. If I have clients partially clothed I lock up and put a sign up saying that i'm with a client and to call and leave a message or pop back later, for manis pedis or anything where the clients are dressed I leave my main door open so people can pop in, i have windows and blinds so am able to hear people come in and can nip out quickly, all off my clients are fine with this.I have treatment rooms in a hairdressers they have a load of my leaflets so people can enquire there too. Its not perfect but until i'm super busy and able to employ anyone thats how its gotta be xxx

You could get a sign put up saying you are in treatment and could they call you later or you could have a little notebook and pen and they could leave thier name and number and you could give them a ring when you are done.

HTH
xx:hug:xx
I do this too although if it's a longer massage, I tend to close the door and put a sign up. Most people understand and call, leaving a message on my phone.
I've seen a salon where they have a dummy clock giving the approx. finish time of the treatment and ask clients to call back then !:lol:

We never leave our salon open if doing a 'relaxing treatment',by this I mean facial,non surgical facial or normal facial.We have a sign which is laminated and on it it says,treatment in progress,back at......we use a marker pen to write in what time our treatment will be finished,then you can wipe this off and write the next time in when needed.

This works well for us,any potential new client or early client can see this sign,which is placed right in the centre of the door at eye level,we have never had any bad press regarding this.It works well all round.

From a security point of view I would never leave the salon open if I were carrying out a treatment that I couldn't leave.Anyone could walk in and steal something.:eek:HTH

I have a sign up with a dummy clock!! It just says treatment in progress, salon reopens at ... and then set the time on the clock! I use this if I am in the salon on my own and in the treatment room, I lock the main door. I would just cry if I came out from a treatment to find we'd been raided!

If closing up while you are with a client you could also leave a note pad and pen where they could write a quick message and you could get back to them. Just an idea. It works for me, but i do have a little stairway and hallway before entering the main door to my salon, so im ok doing this. Most of my clients are used to the arrangement now of me locking the door. x

oh bum. Ive just noticed someones always mentioned about the notebook. I must stop skimming the messages when i read them! :lol: xx

I have a sign up with a dummy clock!! It just says treatment in progress, salon reopens at ... and then set the time e clock! I use this if I am in the salon on my own and in the treatment room, I lock the main door. I would just cry if I came out from a treatment to find we'd been raided!

where can i get one!!!!!:green:

probably in the Early Learning Centre, or anywhere there are educational games xx

We never leave our salon open if doing a 'relaxing treatment',by this I mean facial,non surgical facial or normal facial.We have a sign which is laminated and on it it says,treatment in progress,back at......we use a marker pen to write in what time our treatment will be finished,then you can wipe this off and write the next time in when needed.

This works well for us,any potential new client or early client can see this sign,which is placed right in the centre of the door at eye level,we have never had any bad press regarding this.It works well all round.

From a security point of view I would never leave the salon open if I were carrying out a treatment that I couldn't leave.Anyone could walk in and steal something.:eek:HTH

Ok thats it !!!! I am going to do the same thing :hug:... yeah i got worried about the stealing issue.
Do you lock the front door then when you are working when the sign is up?

Ok thats it !!!! I am going to do the same thing :hug:... yeah i got worried about the stealing issue.
Do you lock the front door then when you are working when the sign is up?

Never mind this question....obviously you do lock the door :o¨* i type before thinking => bad habbit*

I made my sign! Just have a bit of blu tack so I can move the hands!

Latest posts

Back