Doing your own Brazilian?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxhaylzxx

Reaction score
I trained with kim lawless end of last year and wanted to keep it up and not shave. After having a traumatic experience with someone using strip wax (I should of asked before I booked) it has put me off going anywhere local as no one close by us kim lawless trained. My question is do you do your own? Not sure of I can pluck up the courage to do it. X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do, but it takes me about 2 hours....

I do all my own treatments including my waxing it takes me a bout 30 mins for my bikini xxxx xx

Sent from my D5803 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've done my own Hollywood. I started off doing a brazilian but my line was wonky so took it all off. I trimmed really well first, much more than I would a client, and did it in small sections.

Vic x

Im not sure I've got the courage to pull it off myself lol.

I used strip and wax to "tidy up" my own bikini line once. Never again! The pain was shocking. I've had it done properly before with hot wax and wanted to scream (I usually have a high pain threshold). it is possible to do your own and might take some practice to get your technique down. Good luck

I do my own, just prop yourself up on your couch with a mirror, I do it the same as I do everyone else's but I just have to do a few deep breaths before I pull x

Think I might give it a go this week.

I do my own Hollywood. You just need a mirror, some flexibility, and some balls!!! :twisted:

And some contact lenses. Doing this with my glasses on is hideous. They just slide off and fall onto the floor!

Vic x

And some contact lenses. Doing this with my glasses on is hideous. They just slide off and fall onto the floor!

Vic x

Contact lenses is always my first thought!

My glasses lift up when I'm doing my best contortionist impression making everything blurry and then I'm kinda stuck between holding onto my specs or committing to the strip that really needs to come off!

Do my own. Takes approximately 7 to 10 minutes, front to back.
The way I see it, if I can't wax myself how would I wax someone else?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using SalonGeek mobile app

Doing it regularly is the answer for me.......I don't let it get too out of hand or coarse.
Sure, I miss bits and the flab gets in the way but it's sooooooo worth it.

I do my own, in small sections on myself & use a mirror for guidance. I have to say i hate doing it, it's awkward & I get very hot lol however tried another salon locally & I just simply don't trust anybody after that experience.
Kt

For doing my own I basically just follow kims method as close as possible and vary positions sometimes sitting and sometimes standing and refuse myself self pity lol but to be honest with hot wax its fairly easy

However if there was someone near me kim lawless trained I'd go to them

I do my own Hollywood with a mirror using Kim's technique. Takes about 20 mins now. Had a dodgy moment the first time with a tufty bit at the top which I just couldn't pull! Ended up cutting it off and then just did long strips grabbing only a few of those tufts at a time. Wouldn't trust anyone else! Tried a Braz first time but like Vicki it was very wonky!!

I do my own using Kim's technique. I can usually do it in about 20 minutes. ...I can swear if if hurts and I'm always guaranteed a perfect result 😀

I use an epilator myself as i find the anticipation of pulling off a wax strip on myself too scary and always end up bruised :lol:

I don't do my own. I used to wax my own legs but that was a massive pain and I don't think I'm flexible enough to do my own hollywood. :lol:

I'd rather let someone who can see what they're doing do it instead. More power to anyone who can do their own though!

I do my own using strip wax and it's not too bad at all. Sometimes get in a bit of a mess with a few drips but overall good result and it's free!

Latest posts

Back