Doing your own nail enhancements....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a matter of 'practice makes perfect', just like when you learned to do nails in the first place! I've been doing nails for 12 years and it took lots of practice to get my dominant hand right and I have to say it still never looks near as good as my left. I am a bit slow on the uptake and just got my first drill and WOW did it make doing my own nails easier, I can't wait to use it on clients! (I'm just bringing back gels into my natural nail biz ...)

I'd do my Mum's if she was going to be at the show with me!!!!
You can just show her mits then!!

To get to do your own is really practice practice and oh yes, by the way - practice some more!

I HATE doing my own nails, which is a bother really as they have to look good. I only do them once a month now, I'm lucky enough to have slow growing nails! My left hand looks fab & my right is't bad, but I'm a perfectionist so it's not perfect!! I only get lifting on my right hand \I put that down to placement and pressure, which is 'cockeyed' working the wrong way round!:lol:

Hi Bev Rose, I have done my mums nails and they look fab!! But she will be selling tiaras and if someone comes over to enquire about nails and my mum is busy I don't want to be dragging her away which is why I wanted to do my own.
I'm the same as you - to anyone else, my nails look good but I can see little faults on my right hand that annoy me! My nails will no doubt need doing every week and a half or so, I don't bite my nails but I am pregnant and haven't bloomed yet so my nails/hair/skin are in a right old state!!! But it means I can keep practising and rectifying any little problems I have.

I do my own nails all the time and because of all the practise my "wrong" hand always looks better!

I've found when you tell people you do your own nails, they always say how difficult it must be. So even if your nails don't look perfect, they're amazed you can do it in the first place!

I use Dual System Forms. Also known as POPITS.
Using these, I am able to do a full set on my both hands in max 45mins. And great imbeded designs too. I'm not going to explain how you do them, it would take too long. Instead do this:

* go to YOUTUBE.COM and search 'inverted moulds' in videos, watch them, your jaw will drop like mine did
* you can buy the forms on ebay, about £8 for 100 forms (Dual System or Edge), they are re-usable

U use them with your usual L&P. I've done the french and some glitter designs. And they look amazing. People can't believe I've done both hands ALL BY MYSELF. Let me know how you get on.

That looks fab - thanks for the tip. Will go and search out these moulds now!:)

I use Dual System Forms. Also known as POPITS.
Using these, I am able to do a full set on my both hands in max 45mins. And great imbeded designs too. I'm not going to explain how you do them, it would take too long. Instead do this:

* go to YOUTUBE.COM and search 'inverted moulds' in videos, watch them, your jaw will drop like mine did
* you can buy the forms on ebay, about £8 for 100 forms (Dual System or Edge), they are re-usable

What's better is to buy them from the authorised distributor, i.e Sweet Squared in the UK (0845 210 6060)! They are known as Popits and are great for doing you own nails, but really there's no need to go to Fleabay for them!

Lol Sam, nice reply - I seem to be able to do both hands without too much bother, I am right handed, but then again, I do eat as if I were left handed, and I can write with both hands too........Maybe im just a freak lol :green:

Same here hun :)

I find I need a couple of hours though just for my 'wrong' hand (which is my right hand, lol!) and usually because I've taken my time over it, it seems to look better than the left (the one done with my right, right hand :green:)

I have to say I love doing my own nails at the moment, but you never know, as I get busier I may not have the time anymore. Thing is I like to wear 'different' nails, rather than the usual p&w's, so probably will do them anyway :)

I find though that practise, practise and more practise is the way to go. xx

I wish i didnt had to do mine at all. I like doing nails but couldnt be bother about my own. i just fix my nails since they have to look nice for my customers to set the example. I actually dont even like the feel of having material on top of them to be honoust....

I always start with my dominant hand since that takes aaaaages. i have to pick up my beads with the right hand and put the brush in my left to start. I always get some soft product stuck in the brush after every nail since i dab around with it *dont have any control what so ever with my left hand*

I always end up with one perfect hand and one frankenstein hand...but so be it :lol:

Latest posts

Back