doing your own nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who does your nails?

• I do them myself & they are great

Votes: 372 54.8%
  • I do them myself but I'm not proud of them

Votes: 139 20.5%
  • Another nailtech / friend / mum does them

Votes: 77 11.3%
  • I don't wear enhancements

Votes: 91 13.4%

• Total voters
Hi everyone

I've been continuing with my "Watch & Wear" sessions - the Cuticles girls love them...... A whole day - practising your techniques and I do your nails for you........ that way you can get immediate help and get your nails done too - £35 per person.

I do my own and don't think I would trust anyone else to do them!!!!

Hi I do my own nails. At first i found it very hard to do my left hand as im left handed. but as long as you set out enough time it turns out fine.
to avoid uneven smile line i use chunky glitter,shells, flowers or white tips or some times put shapes on clear tips before i put them on:Love:

I've recently discovered coloured tips. I tend to steer clear of white ones but I love black, pink etc etc. No blending, just pop some clear over them and maybe a few bits and bobs courtesy of nailtopia and I'm done.

I've tried over and over to do my own (I usually sculpt everyone - I cant abide blending tips!) but I can never get my smiles on my right hand right. Even though they probably look OK to everyone else,I cant stand the fact that everytime I look at them it bugs me. Also I like them square but for some reason I end up which them a bit lop sided on my right hand and end up filing the corners off completely and having them oval. By using the coloured tips, I tend to change my nails every couple of weeks whereas with my sculpts, I'm constantly having a go at one nail or another and it never ends!

I'm hoping to find a local tech willing to do them for me, Louge, Diva1?

does anyone have any good ideas to help when doing your own nails. My left hand is OK - reasonable smile lines. The right is less than perfect. Not to the point of painting over them, but not good enough for me. We are so busy that to do each others is not really an option.

My side walls are very deep which is making things more difficult - if it were a client I could hold them out of the way when needed, but the fact that I am not an octopus precludes me from doing this on myself.

Any ideas??
Try using half moon tips and apply the white to the tip first and then apply the tip to the nail. Apply the pink thinly and file. We are always too busy to do each others nails but with this you can prepare the nails between clients

i do my own nails and i love doing them.im proud to be able to say that i did them when someone compliments my nails.xxxxxxx:)

I do my own nails, though it's time consuming
I work with L&P and try to sculp them, left hand is ok but right is always a little F**c* up.:green:

i ALWAYS do my own!!! i wont even let anyone else TOUCH my nails!!:lol:
i'm way too picky! :lol:

right now im using bacscratchers extreme because it comes out thin, natural looking and if you can brush on resin its mad easy. no smell either,theres my godsend. just dont hold the accelerator can to close to your finger,owwweeeeee. one day im going to try their fabric system its so easy i cant do it, if you catch my drift. i dont like doing the pink and whites from this system because its time consuming and they end up kind of thick but im sure i'll figure out why that is one day. fill ins are so quick: prep and fill, 1/2 hour,quicker once you get the hang of it in your sleep. i still love l&p on other people but for me to save my sanity this is the system its awesome. plus it makes it easier to sell it at work. ok chao ladies.

Well I have done my own nails ... left hand ok, but right one a little more difficult. I agree that finding someone you trust to do your nails the way you like is difficult. I find on my right hand that my little finger sometimes the tip is difficult to adhere, also nail trainer and apply enough pressure. I know a workman should never blame his tools, but the systems I am using at the moment are not the best.... looking forward to doing my Creative conversion L & P with Liza.

Quite new and very willing to get it right.:smack:

This is part of my pamper session/looking after number1

i have always done my own nails, i always like something mad and colourful on and the other tech at work has not got the confidence to do the type of designs i like and the other tech i know who is amazing charges to much (more than i can afford). i always think i dont want to pay someone to do something i know i am perfectly able to do myself.
plus i am a fussy client lol

Latest posts

Back