Doing your own "wrong" hand, how do you do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
OMG I forgot how hard this was.

I'm okay doing my smiles but i struggle with speed so my side walls get at bit bulky and I end up wafting my brush around which as we know is not good when we need balance but I just can't master it.

I think i need a master class in the wrong hand, lol, does anyone have any tips?

I find that the less I think about what I'm doing the better, if I do think about it I start to panic and make a right botch up of it.:irked:

Do you have a nail trainer ?

If so why not practise on that with your left hand,once you have got that,move onto yourself. Hth x

Hi...being a new girl to the business, Ive only been used to doing my own nails, i find my left hand looks good but the right hand does like you say tend to look bulky...I'm still master the technique of getting a good overall shape filing, but i'm sure given allot of practice and time my nails will look as good as some I've seen on here. Leese

I do 1 or 2 nails at a time then have a break and then move onto the next. Not that i often wear nails these days .... Buff Nails by name and by nature lol!

I must be one of the lucky ones who can do both

I always do my wrong hand first so I m fresh at it and take plenty of breaks but IMO it never looks as good

What a good idea beckyx, i'm gonna get my nail trainer out and have a play! x

I used to attempt to do both hands as I would a client lol... the results spoke for themselves :eek:
now i start by using my 'wrong hand' first, i make sure i've got plenty of time, i use paint on white Brisa gel for my whites and hey presto they're passable nails.
after my wrong hand is finished the other hand is a breeze and seems to take no time at all.
the part i have trouble with is file control and blending the tip with my wrong hand, i try now to preblend more before applying the tips so i have minimal blending to do once the tip's applied, I'm now noticing less damage to my nails than I used to have :D

angelxdevil said:
I must be one of the lucky ones who can do both

Oh lucky you - let us see, let us see,,, can you post a pic of them?

i have to say tip&dip comes in really usefull for this

i take my time
but i often get liftings because it s hard i go too close from the cuticles on this hand :confused:

kay welch said:
i have to say tip&dip comes in really usefull for this

QUITE RIGHT TOO! I put white tips on, no blending and start dipping! I have really damaged my nails in the past by trying to blend on my wrong hand, file stayed still and finger moved! Yes you can imagine what state I got into.

The best advise I could give you is allways do you wrong hand first and have a glass of wine or 4 whilst doing them... never rush your own as you could end up suicidal!

I allways get lifting on my wrong hand still.:mad:

XX

Hi - This probably isn't much help - I do china silk and have managed to train my OH to do my right hand for me! He does an excellent job even if it does take him longer than me. If I can I'll post a couple of piccies to let you see.

Michelle xx

I really have worked hard with doing my own nails as i think that if you can do your own, then a client's nails will be a breeze. ( in theory..lol)

I always make myself do my wrong hand first and take a lot of time on it, then i know it will be so much easier on my other hand.

I've been doing nails now for nearly three years and sometimes find i do my wrong hand better than my other one. I think its because i really concentrate when doing the wrong one, then get complacent on the right one.:D

Keep at it girls, it does get easier i promise.

I don't wear enhancements now but when I did a few months ago, I did a great job with regular L&P. I did however try to do P&W and there was no way that was going to work out!! Since trying that and not mastering it, I gave up and have natural nails now.

aj

I'm glad others are having this problem. My left hand are always really good but my right suffers due to getting fed up by that point - it always seems to be more of any effort doing my own than anyone elses! Tentips that was a good idea about doing the wrong hand first - gonna try that next time. I love this site!xx

I do my " wrong hand" first as well ......I tend to put the product on L&P/ or gel on a little thicker....but nothing that a file cant take care of......finer grit file on my "wrong" hand tends to cause less damage....I also move my hand ...not the file when doing my " wrong"..hand...this way I have more control.....I also make sure I set aside a good 2 hours to do a full set! key is to NOT HURRY ...then they for sure will look fubbed up......

I can do my "wrong hand" is I use gel but not l & P. I just can't press the bead properly, hence loads of lifting.

Thanks for the tip!! I'll try doing my left hand first (I'm a left hander) from now on. :)

Latest posts

Back